Copy link to clipboard
I have been a Creative Cloud user for years and this is the first time I have encountered this:
I Opened Creative cloud and it states that there was an update.
I click to update, and it progresses to roughly 9-10%, then states "Creative Cloud update failed", Error 117.
I tried with several of the other applications and they do the same thing.
I procreeded to uninstall all of the apps, and they will not download/install.
Naturally, I google searched, and found this page:
Creative Cloud Download - Error 117
and later this:
I took all steps in the latter, via this link, and the steps in the troubleshooting found here:
I am completely at a loss and have spent several hours trying to get the applications downloaded. I tried installing them on my wifes machine, and they download find, so i have ruled out our router. However, I have also tried on my own machine with anti-virus software and windows defender disabled, to no avail.
I theorise that there is a conflict process, however I do not know which one. Help appriciated.
Copy link to clipboard
Error code 117 indicates that the download appears corrupted. You need an Internet connection to download and update Adobe apps.
1. Temporarily disable your antivirus software: See your antivirus documentation for information on how to disable antivirus temporarily.
2. Try a different Internet connection: If you are connected via WiFi, try a wired connection. If you are connected via a wired connection, then try a different cable.
3. Configure your software firewall: Software firewalls restrict access to your computer. Some software firewalls prompt you when a program attempts to access the Internet.
4. Configure hardware firewalls or proxies: Many organizations use a hardware firewall and proxy server that can prevent software from accessing an outside server. A hardware solution applies to all computers within the corporate network. Most home networks don't use hardware firewall or proxy technology. Contact your company’s IT department to obtain firewall or proxy information.
5. Try to install the app again
I have done all of the above, still Error 117.
2. I was successfull on my wife's machine.
3. I added all adobe CC to the firewall exceptions.
4. I have no hardware firewalls enabled.
5. I uninstalled everything, and now nothing will update/download. install.
using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human
I'm working with an agent currently, I will post a solution if we solve it.
Problem is fixed.
The solution was to:
The support agent deduced that there was somthing wrong with the profile settings which conflicted with downloading from adobe.
I hope this helps some kind soul in the future.