Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Activation Count Reset [Branched & moved to new topic.]

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited by moderator for clarity.] 

So disappointed to hear this news.  I've had a copy of CS6 since 2013.  The newer dreamweaver and related products just don't the job that CS6 did, especially with database driven pages.  I just got a new laptop,  deactivated my copy of CS6 on the old machine, installed on the new machine and when I go to activate it won't recognize that I've deactived and won't allow me to register the product.  Let me say this Adobe...It's one thing to say, support has ended for a product and we fully expect no more enhancements or bug fixes, but it's quite another thing to just not allow a person to activate a product which was fully paid for.  I think this is case study in how to NOT to treat your customers.  

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

@edhenry63.

To deactivate old installations,  you need access to the old machine on which it was installed. Go to Help menu and hit Deactivate. Repeat with other installed CS6 products.

Failing that, you'll have to speak with Adobe Support and ask them to Reset the Activation Count. If the agent can't help you, ask for a supervisor.  Most new hires have no experience with resetting activation counts.

NOTE:  This is the only support you'll receive as CS6 is discontinued and officially unsuppo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@edhenry63.

To deactivate old installations,  you need access to the old machine on which it was installed. Go to Help menu and hit Deactivate. Repeat with other installed CS6 products.

Failing that, you'll have to speak with Adobe Support and ask them to Reset the Activation Count. If the agent can't help you, ask for a supervisor.  Most new hires have no experience with resetting activation counts.

NOTE:  This is the only support you'll receive as CS6 is discontinued and officially unsupported.  Do not ask for anything other than an Activation Count Reset

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
==============
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  At the prompt: type AGENT followed by Enter key.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste here the message you see after entering your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited by moderator for clarity.] 

The newer dreamweaver and related products just don't the job that CS6 did, especially with database driven pages.

I just got a new laptop...

By @edhenry63

========

10+ year old software and licensing may not be compatible with new equipment and operating systems. That's the risk you take with unsupported software. 

More importantly, the web has changed a LOT since 2012. Apart from issues with compatibility, outdated code & security vulnerabilities, the deprecated Server Behaviors in Dreamweaver CS6 were removed for a reason.  They are unfit for use on modern servers. The connection scripts fail in production. 😝

Secure connections can be achieved by coding manually with MySQLi (improved) or PDO.  If you can't code manually, you'll find 3rd party commercial extensions to help you at DMX Zone.  These extensions are built to work with Dreamweaver CC, not legacy Creative Suite.  😁

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22151/database-connectivity-collection

The other option is to get Wappler -- a responsive website & visual app builder rolled into one.  Some users have replaced their minimally maintained Dreamweaver with Wappler because it's well-supported and in active development.

https://wappler.io/

Just some food for thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Adobe manager Mohammad Sameer Khan, the CS6 activation servers have been retired since January of 2024.  We are now out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a good deal more to this story than you're telling us. 

Valid Individual licenses to CS6 can still be activated providing you have not used up your activation allotment.  Or you have access to an old computer from which you can deactivate an installed version.

Activation services for CS1, CS2, CS3 and CS4 no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew36136317z1gs 

that's incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew36136317z1gs , what error message are you receiving when you try to activate your copy of Creative Suite 6? What type of license are you using? I don't see any registered software titles under the account you used to post to this public forum.

Also, can you please post a case number from your interaction with our support team, @Andrew36136317z1gs? Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html for information on locating and responding to your recent support cases.

Per @Nancy OShea and @kglad's response, the activation servers for Creative Suite 6 are fully functional at the time of this post. You can use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html to deactivate individual licenses that are no longer utilized. Please also see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/reactivate-older-apps.html , which discusses the new sign in process for older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CS6 in 2014.  At that time I installed it on 1 PC.  After a while that PC's hard drive died.  I honestly didn't know that I could legally install it on 2 PCs.  I replaced the hard drive and installed CS6 again, so second install but still only on 1 PC.   I couldn't deactivate the install from the first hard drive because as I said it died.  Well, fast forward to now and the same thing happened again.  My hard drive died so I attempted to install CS6 on my other computer.  It let me install it but it says that I've reached the activation limit and I have (20 days from today)  to deactivate it on another PC or I won't be able to use it.  When I log in to Adobe's site and check for "activated devices" it says I don't have any, but Adobe support says I've installed CS6 on 3 PCs(which is true - 2 dead HDs) and I need to deactivate it from one or more PC to activate it on the 3rd PC.  I've seen other posts here regarding this issue and they say you should ask to speak to a supervisor/manager to get them to reset the activation count.  Sure enough, the original person with whom I chatted would not help me.  Then I was transferred to "Mohammad Sameer Khan" who claimed to be the manager on site.  He told me that the activation servers for CS6 were retired 2 months ago and that they could not help me.  I told him that I would alert the Adobe Community about it, and he told me to please do so.

My case number was ADB-33811056-NX70  CRM:00283000006772

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the dead hard drive installs count and account for both (two) of your activations.

adobe support no longer can/will reset your activation count.  if you check forum post dates you'll see no successful support resets since about 3/1/24.

some users have/had been able to reset via adobe's account page if they purchased from or registered with adobe and remember the adobe id used and there are possibly other restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, you've reached the end of the legacy software that came out in 2012.  Given that you can't free up any old activations, it's time to buy something new.

MODERN OPTIONS:

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment, print & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro or Standard -- the complete solution for creating and saving PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Includes free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month). Mobile & web-based graphics & video apps for social media content creators.
https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (20 + pro apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke on the phone and chatted online with 3 additional support reps today and they all assured me that the CS6 activation servers are retired.  the person on the phone told me that it was documented on the adobe web site.  I asked him if he could email me a link to the article and would he please include his name so that I could reference him.  He assured me that he would.  The link he sent me was the same link everyone else sent me that said that CS2, 3, and 4 have been retired, it didn't mention CS6 and of course he did not include his name in the email.  Look I would love to get a monthly subscription. They quoted me a discounted price and 6 months free but I'm on SSD and I have no disposable cash for a subscription that frankly I shouldn't even need because The CS6 that I paid for suited my needs.  I guess I'll have to investigate other low cost/free options.  GIMP, here I come!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disappointing that support is unaware of the recent cs license changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have the upgrade which requires an earlier qualifying version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it was the full version brand new in a box. Not an upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, what error message are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that I had exceeded the allowed activations.  Because I installed it on 2 hard drives that died and couldn't deactivate those installations.  I didn't find out about having support clear the activation count until it was too late because Adobe decided that support should stop doing that for anyone anymore.  And the CS6 activations servers are retired, or not retired, or not accessible by support, or whatever.. it doesn't matter, Adobe doesn't want to deal with CS6 anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this, "some users have/had been able to reset via adobe's account page if they purchased from or registered with adobe and remember the adobe id used and there are possibly other restrictions." apply to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not purchase from Adobe but it is registered with Adobe. But sadly no, Adobe says it doesn't matter - it's end of life so end of story. I'm sad but I'll get over it. I understand Adobe's reasoning but from a consumer standpoint it just feels wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that information, that cs6 servers are shut down, is incorrect.

do you recall the adobe id used to register?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Activation Count Reset servers are retired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

no adobe employee, in particular ja wright, has indicated that deactivation servers are retired.  in fact, just the opposite has been stated in the backroom thread in which you are participating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reset, reset server. 

The server Adobe agents used to reset activation counts is no more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was <removed-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account for cs6 activated devices and deactivate all, https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines