• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dear Valued Creative Cloud Provider

New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are You denying use of older versions of CC products (Your mail 8th of May, 2019) … some explanation would be nice, anyone there? After all – we, the users/customers/consumers, are those to whom Your applications should be targeted.  What is the logic behind of this kind of decision?

And a little hint for You: Maybe You should make better new versions of Your applications, that kind of applications which Your customers would like to install. So called new versions that You provide now are such a resource-hungry and buggy beasts that less and less of us, the users, would like to use.

Regards,

The customer

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarno,

Going forward, Creative Cloud customers can download only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud applications. This change enables us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance across all Creative Cloud apps and services. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

Please read Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog for more information.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean we have lost the ability to download Premiere CS6 that includes the Encore dvd authoring program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Richard+M+Knight  wrote

Does this mean we have lost the ability to download Premiere CS6 that includes the Encore dvd authoring program?

From Creative Cloud desktop app, yes.  

However if you own a perpetual license to Premier CS6 and your OS still supports it, you could go that route.

Download older versions of Adobe apps

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you intend to keep the perpetual license version of CS, you should back up the install files somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit confused by what is stated there. Can someone tell me what happens in this scenario:

1. A user who is working with documents created for InCopy/InDesign CC2015.

2. They get a new computer.

3. Can they no longer download CC2015? If not which exact versions will be available? CC2019 and CC2018? Or CC2017 as well?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourteen  wrote

Can they no longer download CC2015? If not which exact versions will be available? CC2019 and CC2018? Or CC2017 as well?

The latest version and the version before.

The only time this may cause a problem is with Encore CS6 as this one was bundled with Premiere CS6 and you needed to download Premiere to get Encore.

And it is unfortunate for people in a mixed environment, especially CS6 perpetual and CC.

But: supporting installation of old software is quite taking up resources....and those resources may be better spend otherwise.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for fast response!

There are few problems in Adobe's decision to deny installing older versions of CC applications: We may have such old computers or operating systems that updating CC application is NOT an option. There may be some other programs that do not allow me to update my operating system or my machine to keep up to the latest CC. And as Fourteen mentioned, sometimes we must be able to open and save old documents.

And i'm not asking here to "keep up support-lines" for older versions, what we really need is possibility to install older versions "with our own risk".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they have mentioned anything about not being able to install these older applications, they will just stop PROVIDING A DOWNLOAD LINK TO THEM. If I'm wrong about this, I haven't seen any official correspondence or anything that makes that apparent. You should keep a backup of the install files along with a copy of your license key...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they have said that many older versions of CC applications should not be installed, and even went so far to say that: "...  you are no longer licensed to use certain older versions of the applications or deploy packages containing these older versions. We ask that your organization discontinues all usage of the unauthorized products listed ..."

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

[Note that language is for CC subscription versions, not CS perpetual versions.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Please be aware that if you continue to use or deploy the older, unauthorized versions of Creative Cloud, you will not have third-party claim coverage pursuant to your contract with Adobe. Should you continue to use or deploy these unauthorized versions, you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties."

You've got to love the bit about 3rd party claim overage.  That's legal speak for Adobe does not have permission to use something.  It could be almost any old technology for which there is suddenly a patent / intellectual rights dispute.  Or maybe Adobe had permission  but now it's expired.  Either way, keep using it if you absolutely must.  But you're on your own if there's a lawsuit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

however, at the time that you purchased that product, the third party company in question was licensed and being reimbursed for your use of that included software. In other words, this may actually be a very hollow claim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly what I'm thinking as well. Also there are other ways to burn a dvd without needing a software author program. You can convert a .mp4 or .mp2 file into an ISO that automically plays in dvd players and you can buy one of those standalone VHS to DVD records and just use it's input RCA jacks to output HDMI to RCA with a converter and burn a dvd that way. I've done that before. There are standalone DVD recorders that burn blue ray as well via HDMI output with dolby digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

(...) Also there are other ways to burn a dvd without needing a software author program. You can convert a .mp4 or .mp2 file into an ISO that automically plays in dvd players (...)

I'm sorry but that is not authoring. Any modern TV nowadays can play an MP4 from an USB stick, but that does not make your animation an authored DVD or Blue Ray...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Encore years ago.  It's not that good.  There are better DVD & Blu-Ray burning products available today.   Right now I'm using one called Power2Go from Cyber Media Studio.  And before that, I used Roxio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Encore was part of CS6 and before. That's a long time ago... I never did "real" DVD authoring, so I used Encore for what it was. But I always felt there was something missing. As I do not encode for DVD but for films being played on a TV during trade shows I use since a long time mp4 files on a USB stick...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My business still sells some DVDs and Blu-Rays.  But the whole disk burning aspect is becoming much less important as people migrate towards digital downloads and streaming media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Privately I buy Blue Ray and DVD films and do no streaming.

Professionally as I am an internal service provider and my "customers" prefer having the films on their laptops, I don't do any DVDs any more. And data is transferred electronically or via stick/HDs. I even do not know if my burners are still working.

(We still send out customer documentation on DVDs... because that's so in the contracts)

Anyone in need for authoring professional DVDs can, however, not rely on a program that has been EOL for 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does Power2Go allow region settings so I can only burn a DVD to be played in the United States? Encore has this setting which is why I loved it. Also what about subtitles and chapters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bryced87  wrote

does Power2Go allow region settings so I can only burn a DVD to be played in the United States? Encore has this setting which is why I loved it. Also what about subtitles and chapters?

Wonder Share DVD/Blu-Ray Creator can do all that. 

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare DVD Creator: Burn Videos to DVDs and Blu-ray Discs

I'm sure there are plenty of others that can do it, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul  wrote

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

This can unfortunately be very dangerous. If I'm working on a project with a deadline I don't want to be in a position where I need to convert my InDesign documents to a version of InDesign which has recently released and could potentially contain serious bugs. With Photoshop and Illustrator there may be less risk, but with InDesign/InCopy (where all documents are version specific) things are a bit different.

Additionally, how quickly do these types of things take effect? Is this from day one when a new version of CC is released that the third in line is removed from the downloadable list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourteen  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul   wrote

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

This can unfortunately be very dangerous. If I'm working on a project with a deadline I don't want to be in a position where I need to convert my InDesign documents to a version of InDesign which has recently released and could potentially contain serious bugs.

Means 2019 and 2018 but not 2014,15,16! You still can use the now current version when it comes out. The 0 version is always a little critical. Therefore, if you started a project with the prior version, feel free to continue that one until your project is terminated or even until you have fully tested the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sheena+Kaul  wrote

… Creative Cloud customers can download only the two most recent major versions of Creative Cloud applications. This change enables us to develop the features and functionality most requested by customers and ensure peak performance across all Creative Cloud apps and services. We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Creative Cloud to have access to the latest features, optimal performance, security updates and other benefits.

Please read Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog for more information.

Regards,

Sheena

Hi Sheena,

I think you are wrong with some details here. Or the announcment you have linked to is wrong in some details. Or is it the helpX page I linked below that is wrong here?

E.g. InDesign CC 2017, CC 2015 and CC 2014 should not be affected.

Also Adobe Illustrator is not listed at all as "unauthorized" application.

At least this is the information I take away from this helpX page:

Remove unauthorized versions

You may be right, that only the last two versions of every CC app can be downloaded and installed from the CC Desktop App.

Is this a paradox? Maybe yes. Maybe no. Where is the truth?

We need clarity.

Thanks,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible, terrible policy. This was the reason there was so much resistance to a subscription model.

"Hey, you paid for it, but now you can't use it because we don't want you to."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use it! clone your operating system. I can still use all the old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines