Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download Indesign 2021 (mac)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have subscribed to Indesign in 2021 and I need to reinstall it, but the only version I can download is Indesign 2022 that is not compatible with my device. Where could I download Indesign 2021 ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Ok thank you, it finally work via a direct link.

Now I can see the option "older apps" in the CC app, it seem you must have Indesign already install to have access to this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's compatible with your computer, you'd install it from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For instructions on how to install the previous version see the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manan Joshi those instructions are missing a step.  first you must enable showing older apps in the cc preferences (file>preferences>apps>enable show older apps):

kglad_0-1644166184956.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers but it didn't work :

I have download the CC app and when I click on the three points (more options) the only option available is "learn more" there no possibility to see others versions (I have also tried to quit and relaunch the app)

2 captures (in french) : 

Capture d’écran 2022-02-06 à 17.56.07.png

Capture d’écran 2022-02-06 à 17.50.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to have a subscription. previous versions aren't available for trials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely I have a subscription since sept. 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your os version?

what's your cc desktop app version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my os is : HighSierra 10.13.6

version of cc is : 5.6.5.58

I have verified that the subscription is still active. And the id used on adobe web account and cc desktop app is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get a direct link to download indesign 2021 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your os is incompatible with id 2021, System requirements | 2021 releases of InDesign (adobe.com)

either update your os or use a compatible id, eg, id 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I thought that I was using Indesign 2021. So where can I download indesign 2020 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not showing up in your cc desktop app?

if it is, that's the easiest way to install. otherwise, you can to contact adobe support* and request a direct download link.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can see it but I can't download it or show older apps

Here a capture :

Capture d’écran 2022-02-07 à 20.49.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription includes id, and to verify your adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com

if that shows your id subscription, sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to verify your subscription: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

then reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

now check your cc app preferences to make sure show older apps is still enabled.  then check cc app to see if you can install id 2020.

if you cannot install, request a direct download link from support:

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, it finally work via a direct link.

Now I can see the option "older apps" in the CC app, it seem you must have Indesign already install to have access to this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem:( but support assistent said there is no link to dowload it...do u have still the inslallation of InDesign I could download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le service assistance n'a aucune raison de vous refuser ce lien. Vous devez les contacter de nouveau. Ma demande a été clôturée après le téléchargement, le lien n'est plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

between cc 2019 and the previous version is a gap in installer availability. adobe's aware that is a problem.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je remonte ce sujet, car je cherche des solutions... j'ai suivi votre procédé, et creatrive cloud ne montre toujours pas indesign.

Avant hier, j'ai desinstallé indesign 2021 pour essayer de resoudre le problème de blocage au lancement.

J'ai le systeme Mojave, et je travaille sur indesign 2021 depuis plus d'une année... jusqu'au bug il y a quelques jours.

Impossible donc d'installer de nouveau indesign 2021 (16,4). Non visible sur l'app creative cloud.

J'ai donc utilisé "Time Machine" pour recuperer le dossier indesign datant d'un mois.

Je l'ai lancé en effacant les preferences en utilisant le raccorcis (Cmd+Opt/Ctrl+Maj).

Pour le moment indesign se lance et je peux ouvrir des fichiers. Mais Time Machine n'a récupéré que le dossier de l'application. Je ne sais pas s'il manque des elements dans les preferences ou autres... puisqu'il ne s'agit pas d'une installation, mais simplement de la recopie depuis une sauvegarde...

J'ai donc essayé de le reinstalléer depuis creative cloud, mais indesign n'apparait pas dans les applications "installées"...

Peut-être avez vous une solution, et je pose les même questions sur d'autres posts pour tenter d'avoir l'aide de la communauté...

Merci d'avance (désolé pour la longueur du message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@erelca 

you can use indesign 2019.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je vous remercie, mais malheureusement, comme il est indiqué, ça ne fonctionne pas pour indesign. 2021...

Et je n'avais pas enregistré mes fichiers en IDML, et donc, je pense que je ne pourrais pas les ouvrir avec des versions precedentes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, as explained previously, use indesign 2019.

or update your computer's os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

connaissez vous un moyen d'ouvrir des fichiers enregistrés normalement avec une version plus recente que 2019 ? Et donc, comme je l'ai dis, pas en "idml"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines