Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download older versions on second computer _without_ newer versions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just subscribed to the CC bundle of apps. I will be able to download all on my new Mac Studio (in OS 13). Already downloaded PS and LR.

But I also want to download some of the apps on my 2015 Mac Pro laptop which I want to keep in OS 10.11 which is not compatible with current versions of the apps.

I saw Adobe's instructions for downloading earlier versions of an app when you already have the current version on your computer. But I can't find any info about downloading an earlier version if the app is not on the computer already.

Thank you for any advice.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all of that great info. Really appreciate.

I guess there will be a way of giving my CC account info at prodesigntools.com, so I won't get just a trial version which will expire. Will see how it works when I do the downloads for laptop. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you'll sign into adobe.com (step 1 in the instructions to download).

but the crucial step to not be restricted to time-limited trials, will be signing into your cc desktop app (if it can be installed on your older computer) or signing in to the apps (help>sign in) if you can't install the cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but the crucial step to not be restricted to time-limited trials, will be signing into your cc desktop app (if it can be installed on your older computer) or signing in to the apps (help>sign in) if you can't install the cc desktop app."

Hmm......So I have to sign in to Creative Cloud app, not just my Adobe account, to download old versions of apps which are not trials? I probably can't install the Creative Cloud app on my laptop (in OS 10.11). So that is a Catch 22, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.......Okay, I just checked the link Nancy provided where I see OS requirements for the Creative Cloud app. Minimum is OS 10.12. So I will try to do that. Just going from 10.11 to 10.12 shouldn't mess things up too much (famous last words?). Then I'll retry downloading the 2015 Photoshop and Indesign. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad:  I just reread your post. What do you mean I could "sign in to apps" instead of signing in to Creative Cloud app in order to get non-trial versions of old app? I was signed in to my Adobe account. Is that what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, follow the prodesigntools instructions. in particular, step 1. sign into adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest: I just looked in my Applications folder on my laptop. The Creative Cloud app is there and is working. I see I installed it the day I got the PS/LR subscription a couple of weeks ago. I had tried to get current PS on laptop at that time (after installing on Mac Studio). So I have the Creative Cloud App, signed in to my Adobe account, and was unable to download the 2015 PS a the Prodesigntools site.

Sorry for my multiple postings. Trying to figure all this cloud stuff out. I'm old-school, started in the day of applications on disks. So simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the instructions on prodesigntools.com.  you're clearly not following step 1.

i don't know how many times i need to state that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will contact Adobe via one of the routes kglad kindly described. Don't want you all to spend more time on my problem : )

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're still going to need to sign in to adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad: "read the instructions on prodesigntools.com.  you're clearly not following step 1.

i don't know how many times i need to state that."

Your number 1 is about downloading the one version prior to current version. I was trying to get 2015. You pointed me to the Prodesigntools site where I could get 2015 and I was unable to download Photoshop there. I was signed in to Adobe account, and I have the Cloud App on laptop.

If you are referring to number 1 on the Prodesigntools page, their link in number 1 goes to a page about Premiere Elements.

After my latest post above (where I say I'll contact Adobe), I tried downloading InDesign and Acrobat on the 2015 Prodesigntools page and was able to do so. But when I try to download Photoshop, I'm still taken to the 2023 downloads. I will contact Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links on the prodesigntools.com site go directly to Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob: "The links on the prodesigntools.com site go directly to Adobe servers."

I wonder why Adobe doesn't provide these links on their own site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder why Adobe doesn't provide these links on their own site.

========

Because old versions are not supported. They want you to use current release versions for security reasons.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, CC Desktop App isn't compatible with your older computer.  You won't have the whole enchilada without it. 

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Subscription activation, file sync, updates/upgrades, Adobe fonts, libraries & other services rely on Creative Cloud Desktop app.  For this reason, it's recommended that you use a modern computer OS.  Either Win10 or Win11, Mac Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I have a new Mac Studio where I'm downloading all the current apps, can get upgrades, and do other things you mention.

I'm only trying to get Photoshop and InDesign 2015 on my laptop which I don't want to upgrade from OS 10.11.

I tried to download the 2015 Photoshop at the Prodesigntools 2015 downloads page but was taken to the current downloads page (and I can't download those on my laptop in OS 10.11 obviously). I was signed in to Adobe account when I was doing this.

I disabled cookie blocking, etc. in my browser (and did not get a message about that being a problem either).

I changed my subscription plan today from just PS/LR to the all-apps plan. I don't know if that has anything to do with what's going on (I'm not properly in the system yet?).

I wonder why Adobe doesn't just provide these links themselves. Why does a private company have to do this?

This is the page where I was trying to download Photoshop and was taken to current apps downloads instead.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines