Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo everybody

A message tells me that the automatic upgrade of desktop Creative Cloud (4.5.0.331) failed (it stopped when it was only 2%).

Error code: 1001

Could it be that my OS X is too old? (10.9.5)

Thanks a lot!

Pablita

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Ivor, thank you for the update.

For everyone currently affected by Error 1001, while installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, on macOS 10.11.6, please see "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for an updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app that will address this error.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or face additional errors when applying the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright​ - Thank you again for your help on this and the diligence to keep us all updated as things progress. I personally appreciate it and know everyone on here does as well.

Regarding my question about "disallowing Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating." Unfortunately, the solution you provided will not work under the circumstances. The reason is due to the preferences menu you referenced not being available when Creative Cloud Desktop is first installed. It also is not available even after logging in with your email address and password. The first thing it does is check for an update and until it passes this process (which it cannot due throwing the 1001 error), the user is unable to access the settings you referenced. For example, if using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application version 4.4.1.298 which will successfully run the installer and successfully install, once you click on the menu bar icon it asks for login credentials. Even if you do not enter these at this point and try to click on the settings menu as shown in the image on the right in post #96 above, there is no option for preferences to disable these options. I have attached some pictures below showing the installer successfully installing version 4.4.1.298 and then the Creative Cloud Desktop interface when it runs for the first time.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.12.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.13.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.13.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.21.12 PM.png

Hopefully, this helps provide some insight and a possible workaround that we could use. I'm not sure if there is a file within the package that could be edited to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from checking for an update and simply run the current installed version, but I am sure all of us would be excited to have a workaround in the meantime until the app is updated so it will install and run correctly on 10.11.6.

Let me know if I can help or if there is anything you would want me to try out as a test to see if it works. Thank you again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my Mac and program with builder version.

How many are there who have this version and that does not work?

Encourages Adobe to fix this error "Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6" as soon as possible.
And according to what Adobe refers to, there should be no issues with this version.

We pay for this subscription monthly!

Skjermbilde 2018-05-05 kl. 08.03.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance someone from Adobe Support could post a link here for the previous version of the CC Desktop app that was working for everyone (i.e. the version before 4.4.1.298) whatever that was so that we can all get back up and running whilst we wait for a newer working version. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the previous version trough the french official website (4.4.1.298)

http://ccmdl.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/ACCCx4_4_1_298.dmg

They don't have updated the french page at all

But when we use this version the update will launch automatically

Back to the square one.
The time spent trying to find a solution for each of us is exhausting and it's the loss of valuable time.
I'm looking to buy a newer PC or newer machine than mine. Apple drives me crazy. But it's expensive to update.

I'm starting to lose patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone -

Well, I've been going through a bunch of forums trying to figure out if there is a way to keep the Creative Cloud Desktop application (4.4.1.298) that will install and run on El Capitan 10.11.6  from automatically checking for an update. I found a few possible solutions, but have not been successful at getting them to work yet. I even went as far as trying to use both  2017 and 2018 Creative Cloud Packager applications to build a custom install package that disallows updates for Creative Cloud Desktop, but could not get the final packager file to install on El Capitan 10.11.6 for some reason. I think it may be because Creative Cloud Packager, regardless of the used, always checks for the latest update of Creative Cloud Desktop and builds the package with the current version. Unfortunately, in Creative Cloud Packager, it does not provide the option to select the version of Creative Cloud Desktop as it does with the other applications.

I  compiled the information below from a few forums. I did not make any progress, but maybe you guys could give it a try and see if you have any success. Additionally, maybe Jeff A Wright​ could provide additional insight to if there are any other "property keys" that we could use to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from checking for an update and simply run the version that is installed?

======

TEST #1

======

I guess this is partial process, since the user can now control if Creative Cloud Desktop tries to update or not without having access to the preferences (since this is not an option for us when Creative Cloud Desktop initially starts). Unfortunately, since Creative Cloud Desktop is designed as it is, this still does not fix the issue.

I was successful at disallowing Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating by modifying the file below and changing the "property key", but this still renders the application useless since it ends up saying "Update Available" and will not let you get past this point. It shows the two options "Install" or "Quit", which are the same options we already see when the update fails with "Error 1001."

It sure would be nice if Adobe did not push out "Mandatory" updates, or at a minimum, gave us an option like Apple does to select "Remind Me Later." This would be extremely helpful in situations like these. I am not sure what would make it so important to force a "Mandatory" update. Apple does not even do this with their OS and all "Updates" are able to be initiated by the user without rendering the software useless. That is only a small part of the problem and is why we are all having this issue in the first place. Allowing the user to disallow an update and use the currently installed version should be considered in future releases of Creative Cloud Desktop - in my opinion.

Anyways, here is the file to modify if you want to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically updating:

1) Use the "Go to folder" feature of the Finder menu bar and navigate to:  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

2) Locate the file named "com.adobe.acc.container.default.prefs" and open it with TextEdit.

3) Replace <property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">ON</property> with <property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">OFF</property>.

Now, when starting Creative Cloud Desktop, it will not automatically try to update but rather just notify you that an update is available. This should be the default setting in my opinion, but as I previously stated, this unfortunately does not help us since there is not an option to "postpone" the update and just run the application. I thought I would give it a try with hopes of a better outcome, but it did not help.

======

TEST #2

======

Now, this is where it starts to get interesting. I think this option may have some potential, but I could not get it to work successfully. I believe it may be due to the directories Adobe references being different on our systems. I tried adding the ".dat" files to various locations. At one point, when using the "Machine-wide Disablement" option, Creative Cloud Desktop notified me that "No internet connection available." That did not help much and still rendered the application useless. The two options in "User Account Disablement" are the ones that may actually help us all out, but unfortunately, I was unable to get them to work.

Excuse me Mr.​ - Do you want to give the "User Account Disablement" options a try and see if you have any success?

Jeff A Wright​ - Could you please confirm if the "User Account Disablement" options are applicable to our version of Creative Cloud Desktop?

Here is the link: Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

The goal is to keep Creative Cloud Desktop from automatically checking for an update and just functioning at the version installed until the latest release is updated to work properly on our systems. It is always good to keep applications up-to-date, but when the current version renders the software useless, then that is when we need a workaround until it is fixed.

One other note would be that Adobe could make the latest release "Not Mandatory" which would allow us to install the last version that worked. I am unsure if we would still get hung up on the "Update Available" screen or not, but maybe that is another option to consider. It may not be an option to do this, but thought I would throw it out there.

I agree Excuse me Mr.​, this is exhausting and unfortunate that we are having to even deal with this issue. I really hope Adobe remedies this issue for us sooner than later. Jeff A Wright​ seems to be very attentive to our conversations and this issue, and working to find a solution so the development team can update Creative Cloud Desktop to work on our system. I just hope this happens soon.

Let me know what you all think or if you are successful at getting any of these options it to work. I'm going to try a few tests later this evening. If I am successful, I will report back with my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryancdavis

Thank you for this masterful analysis and I'm happy to know that your thought joins mine. I was exploring this possibility as well.

# TEST2 is unfortunately not a good solution. I did some extensive research and I did'nt find an AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. It seems that this file was only available in the CS6 system library. Nevertheless, I explored the #TEST 1 and I've found a new path ...

It could be interesting to search and explore this file too:

user / Library / Application Support / Adobe / OOBE> com.adobe.accc.container> features> ................. @ AdobeID> _data

Searching the line:

id = "com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.alwaysUpToDateDefaultPreference" state = "ON"

Change to "OFF" (take care about the "" on my french system the automatic correction of TextEdit gives me « » and we need to preserve "")

There's a lot of "states" to try, like :

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.showAlwaysUpToDateCheckbox"

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.aem.autoMountEnabled"

id="com.adobe.oobe.acc.v1.apps.checkHardwareRequirements"

and more.

I wish I could have your opinion on it

I am currently trying

Of course, I take care to close the APP before changing the "states" and I restart my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Excuse me Mr.​ -

Thanks for sharing your feedback. From the sounds of the update from Jeff A Wright​, they are working on a fix and hopefully will release it soon to correct the issues with Creative Cloud Desktop on OSX 10.11.6. I didn't know about the other property keys that were available, so thank you for sharing those with me. Unfortunately, as Jeff A Wright​ said, since it is a mandatory update we may not be able to keep it from updating - which is a bummer. Hopefully, the fix they are actively working on will get us all back up and going

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah! I was able to install the new version of Creative Cloud app (via the link provide by Jeff in post 111) successfully, and I'm now updating or installing the Adobe desktop apps. Thank you, Jeff, and the team that worked on a resolution to this problem! FYI, I was successful with Step 1 as provided in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-crea…

and didn't have to go to Step 2 or further.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

<property key="keepAppAlwaysUpToDate">OFF</property>

...cut

have fun

stephy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a pleasant update posted in Re: Creative Cloud desktop app will not instal and no error received by Garry.  He has been working directly with our Engineering team and is testing a fix.  As suggested by Garry please do contact our support team at Contact Customer Care if you would like to help with testing the fix for Error 1001.

This discussion will still be updated once a public link or document is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are affected by Error 1001, while updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, on Mac OS 10.11.6 please bookmark "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .  This page will be updated once the current solution is fully tested and ready for release.

You are welcome to continue following this public forum discussion for continued updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff and others!

Yesterday, I was able to download the Mac versions of Illustrator and Photoshop that were provided in a link in a previous post (thank you). The installers did install Creative Cloud, and it did try to update the CC app with the 4.5.0.331 version, but that failed. Curiously, instead of an Error Code of 1001, it was an error code 1004, which I don't think that I'd seen before.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivor, thank you for the update.

For everyone currently affected by Error 1001, while installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, on macOS 10.11.6, please see "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for an updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app that will address this error.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or face additional errors when applying the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome, Jeff. Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue.

Ivor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All working now for me Jeff. Job well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all, for the continued updates!

I have set post #111 as the correct answer to help future individuals who are affected by Error 1001 under Mac OS 10.11.6 while installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, all working for me as well, good work all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright​ - It works! Such a relief and thank you for helping us get this resolved so quickly. I was worried it could take a while to resolve (a month or more), so you (and the Adobe team) exceeded my expectations! Thank you and excellent job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, everything is OK now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Job!

Thanks Jeff A Wright
Thanks everyone!

Update was completed successfully 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone… from France !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is OK now, great job !!!

Many thanks to  All, Jeff and the team.

Cordialement,

Olivier, somewhere in France...

<);o)

Before printing, think green!
❀ Adoptez l’« écoattitude », n’imprimez ce mail que si c’est nécessaire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff A Wright for the update on how things are progressing. I have been busy at work, so haven't had time to check the forum in the past couple of days. That is great news! I'm willing to test it as well and did not know how to get in contact with Garry for testing? Do I contact him directly through the customer service link you referenced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryancdavis, there is no need to continue contacting our support team for Error 1001 while updating the Creative Cloud desktop app under Mac OS 10.11.6.  The link in message #111 will take you to a page where you can download the updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, Ryancdavis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines