Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1001 when updating under macOS 10.11.6

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo everybody

A message tells me that the automatic upgrade of desktop Creative Cloud (4.5.0.331) failed (it stopped when it was only 2%).

Error code: 1001

Could it be that my OS X is too old? (10.9.5)

Thanks a lot!

Pablita

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Ivor, thank you for the update.

For everyone currently affected by Error 1001, while installing the Creative Cloud desktop app, on macOS 10.11.6, please see "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for an updated version of the Creative Cloud desktop app that will address this error.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions or face additional errors when applying the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly the same issue as yourself. Incredibly frustrating! Ive tried absolutely everything Adobe has said, even updated to java 8 as some threads suggest. I even tried wiping my hard drive last night and tried again and still it fails. I am a busy designer and this is a nightmare for me! I have a 24" mid 2007 iMac running 10.11.6 everything was fine a few days ago. Running the same on my macbook and all fine! Not sure what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you go to link above?  ie  "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app this is latest build with issue fixed.  follow solution 1 on page, download and install new build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem too, worked fine until the update. Just wondering if it is just certain models that are affected as mine is a 24 inch 2007 at home as are some others in the post. Just updated my iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) at work and that worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beginning to think that this might be Apple's problem and have something to do with the age of the computer and its operating system both because of the number of folks with mid-2007 or earlier iMacs who are having this problem as well as some additional update problems I'm having with other software. Tried to update my RawTherapee App and it to failed in a similar way. By similar way I mean the update appears to be trying to write either to a protected part of memory or beyond the end of memory. Perhaps the problem lies in the software they are using to deliver and instal the updates. Dunno, just WAGs on my part. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue, receiving the 1001 error code at 2% install. I am running Mac OSX 10.11.6 on iMac 24-inch Mid 2007.

Followed the guidance re uninstall, cleaner etc to no avail.  Wonder if the issue is with the update itself?  Not knowing when and if this will fix this problem, I'll try to get a chat with support (no luck with that today - they seem to be VERY busy!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having exactly the same problem, but I'm having a problem. Today when I clicked on Adobe Cloud to open my installed Lightroom application, none of my installed programs were listed. When I tried to "install" them again, I got an error message. Finally, my computer said there was an Adobe Cloud update needed. I did that and it seemed to work. However, I still don't have my applications and I cannot download or install the. I'm DOA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see so many people have the same problem. Makes me think the problem is not on my computer but maybe a bug in Adobe updating. If so, I hope it'll be fixed soon.

People having this problem, please, keep on pointing out here... Hopefully someone in Adobe will answer or fix it...

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on MacPro OSX ElCapitan 10.11.6 (15G31)
I'm unable to install creative cloud app (fail at 2%) Error 1001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue, Mac Pro El Capitan 10.11.6. Create Cloud Desktop app update fails at 2% Error 1001.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It,s any news her? Waiting for Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried with a clean Install of OSX 10.11.6 on my Mac. Creative Cloud failed to install again! Even with the previous version of CC desktop. Now it's impossible to install any Adobe application on my computer, and I don't have any clone to use the last projects made with the last version of Premiere Pro! We need a solution guys!!!
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I encountered Error 1001. After uninstalling the Adobe CC app, together with all my other Adobe CC applications, I can’t reinstall the Adobe CC app at all. Mac OS 10.11.6 on iMac 24inch half 2007. Don’t laugh, because this is my backup Mac; runs perfectly with 4 GB Ram and 250 GB SSD. I’m also using Adobe CC on a Macbook Pro, without this problem (up until now). Come on guys, I need work to get done.

Edit: after setting up a new admin user account, I could install the Adobe CC app again. However, after running this new installation, the same problem with "error 1001" appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @myfriendlewis for your token.

I'm also using CC on a MacBookPro Mid 2009 / El Capitan without issues.

Only my Mac Pro (2007) is affected. It seems that all the computer involved are from 2007
No laughing matter! We need to know and work to get done.
1001 nights is a tale, error 1001 is really a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a frenchman. My Mac is an iMac 24" of 2007 (Intel Core 2 Duo) with ElCapitan 10.11.6. Create Cloud Desktop app update fails at 2% Error 1001. I contacted two Adobe technicians by telephone. They gave me very close solutions, but nothing functioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those encountering Error 1001 please see Creative Cloud desktop failed to update.(error code: 1001) which have lead to several other individuals resolving this error in the past.

If you have previously relied on Download Creative Cloud desktop app to update the Creative Cloud desktop app then I would recommend reviewing Error downloading or updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps for information on how to resolve network errors. 

The version of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application posted on Download Creative Cloud desktop app is also scheduled to be updated this week if you would prefer to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#Jeff A Wright - Thanks for the info and links but I have already tried all of those suggestions and tips. No indication of any network errors on any of the multiple dates and times I have downloaded the installer. Could you provide a hash to make it easy to determine if there are any errors in the downloaded file.

Otherwise, I guess I'll just lose a week waiting for the updated App to be posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AugustFalcon, I would recommend working directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care so that any errors can be resolved.  We have designed the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to be the primary means of delivery for Creative Cloud Individual members to receive applications and updates.

For Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise members, the update will also soon be available within Creative Cloud Packager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#Jeff A Wright - Previously tried to use the "ContactCustomerCare" webpage you suggested. Unfortunately the Creative Cloud Desktop App is not one of the products supported: the only choices presented are Lightroom, Photoshop, or Lightroom CC. Not very helpful when the problem seems to be with the Creative Cloud desktop application. Maybe you could suggest that they change the options to specifically include one for the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AugustFalcon, you are welcome to choose any of those software titles for direct assistance with installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Lightroom Classic CC are all included with a full Creative Cloud - Individual membership.  Were you able to establish a chat session after choosing one of the included software titles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright Thanks for the links but nothing can fix the problem at this time. I've tried everything. I've also tried a clean install from scratch with OSX, even with a previous version of CC desktop (4.4.1.298). When I launch the previous version, we don't have the choice... The update start automatically! Up?

If it can help...

Terminal informations during update installation :

e\ Cloud\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Install ; exit;

Progress of PDM is 0

Progress of PDM is 100

objc[1378]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Volumes/Creative Cloud Installer/Creative Cloud Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Install and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/Core/AdobePIM.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[1378]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Volumes/Creative Cloud Installer/Creative Cloud Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Install and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/Core/AdobePIM.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...cp: /Users/admin/.bash_history: Permission denied

...saving history...-bash: /Users/admin/.bash_history: Permission denied

truncating history files...

...completed.

MacPro 40go Ram. El Capitan 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBP mid-2007 El Capitan (10.11.6). Same issues. Update failed at 2% with error code 1001. Installer won't work. Quick flash of a logo then nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#Jeff A Wright -- Thank you for your help. I haven't tried all those suggestion because i'm not expert enough and I'm waiting for a friend who will help me. Anyway another friend of mine (same issue) told me he tried all suggestions but it didn't work.

Maybe we'd better wait for the updated App next week and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm what Excuse me Mr says. The present available version for me is 4.5.0.331. And the upgrade to this version is the one that fails and originated the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, everyone, for your patience.  The recent update to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application 4.5.0.331 is now available for download at Download Creative Cloud desktop app .  If you have been facing Error 1001 while updating the Creative Cloud desktop app then please download and install the updated version locally.

Please update this discussion if you have any additional questions or continue to encounter errors.

For Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise members, the update to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is now available through the Creative Cloud Packager.  For more details on the use of the Creative Cloud Packager see Packaging User Guide .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines