• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX YOUR APP TO PREVENT IT FROM CONSUMING ALL BANDWIDTH!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this so complicated for you to do?? It should be simple for a billion dollar company. Give us, your customers, the ability to THROTTLE downloads via the CC app. Can you do that? Do you need help???

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do so by disabling Autoupdate in your CC desktop app. See the following article for details on how to do that

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really didn't just tell me the solution is to stop updating my applications did you??? Remove your comment if so.

The problem is there is NO WAY to THROTTLE the bandwidth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did say exactly that, if you want speed to be throttled stop the update till the time you have enough bandwidth to give to the downloads. I don't see any such setting in any other major software. I can't throttle download speed for MAC OS updates, nor can I do the same for browser updates, etc. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, if the download is bothering your other processes, then stop the download and continue with it when you have free bandwidth. This is a simple solution unless of course you just want to vent out your anger in a public forum instead of exchanging ideas that would help everyone having a similar issue.

P.S. :- All problems are not engineering problems, you need to understand the end-users ease of use, the complexity of the proposed solution for end-user to operate, and also the overall value addition.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manan,

You are out of touch.

Throttling does not equal disabling.

Major software that allows a person to throttle:

1. Windows 10

2. Steam

3. Streaming services (set the quality)

And, there are many more. So yes it is a simple solution. Add the ability to throttle. It's 2021.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree that throttling is not disabling, I just said that my proposal is a probable solution if you would atleast agree on that with me. I gave you some examples of major software that don't have this and you gave examples that have this feature. It makes sense to have it for say a streaming service or a gaming service so we can argue that there is a clear partition of opinions here. I am not discounting what you said, there may be people who might need what you say. My point is simple

• This is not a commonplace feature that is present across the board in all major software. Some have it some don't have it, so you can't be very critical of Adobe for not having it already. Feature requests are the way to go for such things as suggested by @AxelMatt. However, how soon this will be picked if at all is again related to what I said about complexity, value addition, etc
  • So while this feature is absent we can work with switching on the download only when you can spare the bandwidth

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround isnt a solution, its kicking the can down the road.
A solution would entail a way of setting the max download cap for an update, not an unreasonable request, nor something that needs to be explained.

Your response, whilst im sure had good intentions, obfuscates the issue and is in all honesty, completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Now it looks like the solution has a solution, when in fact it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my private Internet it really takes the bandwidth, at my office, however, it works marvellous. But yes, updates taking the whole bandwidth creates problems with other users on the same network and for sure also for the updating user. During updates, I do not have internet radio (but my (internet) TV still works nicely).

What @Manan Joshi suggested is a workaround to do updates when it fits best. That's the best solution we can offer currently. And it's what I do: updates during family dinner time.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I have the issue where both my wife and I work from home at the moment. I have a file sent to me from a client that I need to open in Premier.

I go to download Premier to open the file, but it sucks up the entire bandwidth.
My wife gets dropped from her teams meeting with the coroner, police and local governement.

I have to stop my download and delay my client becuase there is no opportunity to download the software without breaking my internet.

Its really not too much to ask that we have a bandwidth option on the CC client for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the forum for feature requests or bug reports, as Adobe doesn't monitor this forum for such requests. On the main page of the forum is a link that says "Submit Product Feedback", use that link to put forth your request. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not monitor Feedback either. This is an Adobe product forum. It's an appropriate place to post.

I find it funny it's called a wish form...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...This is an Adobe product forum...

You're wrong. This here is a public forum and we are normal user as you are. 

The link that I've posted isn't only for feature request you can also reported problems and bugs there.

That forum is also monitored by Adobe employees.

Here's stiil a link directly to the Photoshop product forum: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop/5f5f2092785c1f1e6cc4086b

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines