• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having a difficult time trying solve error 116 (Mac)

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I was editing a batch of photos that I took yesterday, when lightroom classic started to freeze up and didn't allow me to export photos. From there I shut down the app and tried to boot it back up. Then it wouldn't start back up saying that I had the catalog open already (which I didn't). So I decided to uninstall lightroom classic and reinstall it. Now when I try to install or uninstall anything (I.E. Premiere Rush, Photoshop) I get error 116. The solution I keep getting is to turn off any antivirus software. I don't have any antivirus running and no mattter what I cannot get lightroom back.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have bytefence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been restarting my computer every other hour. It hasn't gotten me anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a firewall, either software or hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, but with Photoshop and Illustartor.

neither app was working, so I uninstalled both and tried re installing photoshop. kept getting 116 erro code. uninstalled everything and re downloaded CC and it let me install Illustrator. But now i keep geting the same error code with photoshop. restarted mac more that once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to add. I have no anti virus software running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines