• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I cancel my free trial plan if it doesn't appear under my plans?

New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded the free trial about 5 days ago, and I can't seem to find a way to cancel it. I went to my account and to plans, but I can't actually find the plan itself.

Help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Contact Adobe Customer Service:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Customer Service:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion moved to Adobe Creative Cloud​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with the fresh XD trial I didn't even use. While the "trial plan" appeared on the account, it didn't have a functioning Cancel button. In the worst case scenario pay for the first month and then Cancel in the refund period (I think it is 2 weeks / 14 days unless it has been changed like this whole ordeal is rather alien). The Plan and Cancel button should be there once the money gets moving. That's what I did.

Anyway, it's called a Subscription Trap. Didn't think Adobe had to lower itself to these practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MagnusKallas 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support by using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human
inform the agent that you want to cancel.

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But the point remains valid - I have been using Adobe products for over 20 years now, including Creative Cloud on and off (occasionally my own account, occasionally business), and those 7-day automatic subscription trials are a relatively new "selling feature" that confuses many. "Try" button should make it quite clear it is "Subscribe to get 7 days free". Simple logical copy.

It is dodgy practice since - virtual product/service or not - legally speaking no "Purchase" button has been pressed in case of "Try". The bank details are stored there for other services.

"A subscription trap is where a consumer is misled into signing up for a subscription to goods or services. This is commonly done by the retailer promising a free trial, a reduced rate trial or sample goods where the consumer only has to pay for postage and packaging using a credit or debit card."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're just trying to make a point and not resolve a problem, ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My original reply contained one solution that worked for me. I replied to the comment following one possible solution.

if you're just trying to make a point and not resolve a problem, ok.

By @kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines