• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO I UNINSTALL A CC APP?? MY COMPUTER HAVE NO INTERNET

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't uninstall an app when my computer is offline!?!?!?!?!?!? Is Adobe crazy?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

The Uninstallers remain available through the standard mechanism for Windows (the App and Features Settings Screen) and in the relevant application folder on Mac. Is this not working for you? Have I misunderstood the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't do anything in the creative cloud app without internet, it won't let you. So how do you uninstall without internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Uninstallers remain available through the standard mechanism for Windows (the App and Features Settings Screen) and in the relevant application folder on Mac. Is this not working for you? Have I misunderstood the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working. I opened the Creative Suite icon on my desktop. It asked me to sign in. I did but instead of doing so or displaying my apps- it just flipped dialogue boxes to no internet. Despite having running internet it wouldn't take my sign in, now says no internet connection. Can't work offline. Can't get rid of this awful program.

Is my only option resetting to the most recent backup before ever downloading CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your os?

what are you trying to do?  uninstall your adobe programs or use your adobe programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 sadly.

I want to "get rid of this awful program". Guess that was unclear. Uninstall, remove, purge the demon with digital holy water- you wouldn't happen to have any?

I want to uninstall without installing any programs (like CC Cleaner tool) and without logging into my Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use control panel>programs>uninstall programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. Like I said- "this isn't working".

Attempting to uninstall using programs prompts an Adobe Creative Cloud Sign-in dialogue box to open. It won't allow me to uninstall without forcing me to sign in. Upon inputting the password to sign in it first states no internet connection. Then after closing all standard CC programs operating in the background in task manager using programs to try uninstalling opens an Adobe CC dialogue box stating a new update is available. So it won't allow me to uninstall without forcing me to update and forcing me to use the internet.

I'm not installing an update just to uninstall a program. Still looking for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynnh24100142, sorry you are facing problems removing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  If the update is being seen then it would seem to indicate that you currently have Internet access. The current update is mandatory.  If you apply the update are you then able to use the process listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove any installed Creative Cloud applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this some sorry excuse of a company line? My criteria is clear. No internet. No updates. No installing any programs including CC Cleaner tool. No signing in. Simple. It was obvious that my internet was working and that the flaw was with Adobe.

Forcing users to consent to updates just so they can remove a program is troubling. Especially when it won't open the full release notes on the update. Perhaps you sign contracts or consent to things not knowing the details.

"Mandatory", that's a new level of pathetic. People are here having to ask for help just to have the "privilege" for what should have been their right to do. Just to uninstall a program, something so basic. So fundamental.

The facts are becoming apparent; Adobe does not allow people to remove their programs easily; forcing users to access the internet, forcing updates removing their ability to deny consent, forcing users to sign in- all for what should be the user's right, to uninstall Adobe CC. This is just something that needs to be known. People need to be more aware of this.

It is just sad, it has been how many years now and this is still an issue? I'm not installing an update. This is really something Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynnh24100142, thanks for the feedback.  The timing for when you decided to remove the Creative Cloud desktop app is unfortunate.  You can find the previous release schedules for updates at Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .

I am sorry, but until you are able to restore Internet access I do not know of any easy way to remove the software.  Even the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application uninstaller utility would still need to be downloaded from Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and then transferred to the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I should be clearer. I have internet. I refuse to install the update. My criteria is my choice, something any user of a program should have. My internet access was always functional. Despite the first flaw with Adobe CC that initially showed no internet connection, by ending all its standard background operations it changed the dialogue box to trying to force me to install an update.

A solution would be a way to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud without using the internet, without downloading an update, without installing any other program and without being forced to sign-in. These things are fundamentals.

So are you saying no solution that fits my criteria exists? That to your knowledge it is not possible to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud while keeping to my criteria?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynnh24100142, there are no manual methods to remove the software.  I would recommend you download and use the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstall utility, referenced in message #12.  If you don't wish to download any software on this computer, then use another computer and copy the required files to a USB drive.

The preferred option would be to apply the update for the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then you can use the process listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps without downloading and installing any additional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF!!!!!!! its 2 years later more patches and I can't uninstall this stuff without internet connection? I blocked all programs that I don't want to send my data to servers I do not controll and now I cannot delete any Adobe app that expired some time ago!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.2 connections are required to connect to Adobe's servers. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Adobe Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are signed out of the app you have to get a code to sign back in. If email is the way to get the code and you have no internet you can't get a code, can't sign in, can't get past the first screen to even get to the uninstallers. You give up and Adobe wins, you couldn't uninstall the software. This is pure frustration when Creative Cloud cripples an underpowered computer and you realize you need to remove it. But you can't remove it until you uninstall any Adobe programs you have installed. And you can't do that if you can't log in to the Creative Cloud desktop. You should re consider your answer because it is very frustrating to people who know it is only true in some situations. And if there is some secret answer that is more complicated than going to the windows Programs and choosing uninstall Adobe has failed too - you are forcing people to go out and gather tribal knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteyou are forcing people to go out and gather tribal knowledge.
By @Scott324978590z79

===========

Whatever the hell that means.... 🙄

See Creative Cloud System Requirements below.  Internet access is required.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines