• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Activate CS5.5 Offline!

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legitimate copy of CS5.5. Recently an MS update BSOD'd my SP4 (3rd time in two years - Grrr). I've reinstalled my CS5.5 (Acrobat and Dreamweaver only), but cannot activate online. I believe this is because my ISP now uses CG-NAT, so in effect I am double NATed and as a result CS5.5 thinks that I'm not connected to the internet - I AM, I'm posting this.

I was directed to an offline activation page, but CS5.5 does not generate activation request codes (it was designed in the days of telephone activation). CS5.5 only provides me with information that was meant to be given to adobe to validate the product. So how can I perform an offline activation for CS5.5?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how it works these days and don't waste your time,you will never get it activated. It's designed to get you frustrated and buy a new CC version. Like Procreate, you need a new Mac to run it. They presume we are all pros and willing to pay. Same thing, CEOs will do what it takes to max the profit for max year end bonuses. Apple is made in China, Adobe is made in India (look at the names of all programmers). Fortunately, there are few other alternative out there that work far more superior and few steps less for the same result for much less money. It's time to bring the jobs back home for local graduates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess no one got it solved. I just wanted to do a clean install of my windows 10 but the adobe cs5.5 suite does not want to get deactivated. it is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

So I think I was able to deactivate the license. Earlier I tried deactivating it through Ilusatator (I guess 32 bit version). Now I just tried again using the Photoshop 64 bit version and it worked in seconds. I don't understand why it worked but I'm very glad it did 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using CS5.5 on the same computer for 10 years, then 2 days ago I get a error message that I have exceeded my 2 activations - but I did NOT do anything to activate it anywhere! Adobe refuses to help me, and just tries to sell me a subscription I can not afford. My entire Adobe Creative Suite shut down. ANY HELP OUT THERE??! I still have the original cd I purchased, but do not think re-installatioon will work if they think I have exceeded my 2 (which I have not) and if they won't support CS5.5 anymore. So funny when you phone support they ask if you have a subscription or "perpetual" then when you say perpetual, they say sorry - good bye. What is so "perpetual" about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to deactivate from the other computer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. when I try to launch any of the CS5.5 programs, all I get now is an error screen about the activation limit, I can not get into the program to deactivate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that, but you're out of luck with cs5.5.  you can subscribe to those two apps and use the current (and past, including cs5.5) acrobat and dreamweaver, https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely disgraceful. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Sounds like they have taken the activation/deactivation servers down (again) and the program has no way of verifying itself. As an IT person who manages many systems and servers in several clouds, I would say the cost is close to zero for Adobe to incorporate the old activation codes into their newer verification servers. They just want you to buy new stuff. It's not fair. But you'll probably find people who'll argue that it is. Sorry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the activation servers are still up.  the problem is the deactivation and that may be related to a server issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I too one of those who got affected. My Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium Suite won't activate as well on my new windows 10 desktop, i've tried countless ways trying to solve this by reading community forums, chat supports and a phone call but Adobe does not seem to care anymore. Hard to believe myself. This is actually my first time posting here despite being a long time Adobe customer since 2000. I have never been so upset with this. The fact that I also own a newer Photoshop subcription, they would not care the slightest to remedy this problem.

Here's me looking into this thread hoping there's a solution esp. when @kglad mentioned that the servers are still up as of April 2024, so this is still recent. Does this mean we still have a chance?

It seems quite the contrary what the chat support said and I don't know which one is the truth or is this just one of those marketing trickery that Adobe imposed upon.

The strange and funny thing was I was able to install my Adobe CS4 Design Premium with no problem at all on my new desktop a couple of days ago, only the CS5.5 giving me this activation reach limit. (What's so perpetual about it? felt awful that this has to go to waster after spending that much amount of the box suites)

I know some other software brands allowed transfer of licenses fairly easily for different/new devices as long as it adheres to the policy (generally 2 devices).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adbmois 

what problem are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kgladI didn't expect to get a reply so quick. Thanks. But the problem was the Activation panel showing my serial number and the blank "Provide another serial number for this product" as I've seen someone had the same problem as mine but a couple of years back, and he was able to get a new one.

Everytime I clicked on Retry, it is said it's been activated on 2 computers. (I assume this is my new desktop which i checked on the registered devices page on my adobe account website, it showed my old laptop and new desktop) and so I thought that registered but CS5.5 won't run on the desktop.

I did all the deactivation on my old laptop and that compromised the use of my CS5.5. When I deactivated on my old laptop, it did not let me to reactivate it as my 2nd device, so I had to roll back to my previous system image, as I have read someone in the forum had also done so. Thankfully, i was able to keep the CS5.5 running when i rolled back.

But i never registered a 3rd device to my bewilderment. I've only had that one old laptop registered with my Adobe Account for a long time until i had this new desktop recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can't get a new activation number.

2. you can't activate on a 3rd device.  2 is typically the max.

3. if, after seeing the excess activation count error on your new computer, you then successfully deactivated on your old computer, you should have been able to activate on your new computer.

it's not clear to me that you did these things in this order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had CS5.5 on the same computer for 10 years, and I did absolutely nothing as far as trying to load it on another device....yet I got the "Activation Limit" notice, and have unable to get my cs5.5 back. No help from Adobe, they just want to sell me a subscription. I requested a reset of the number of devices, they will not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had CS5.5 on the same computer for 10 years, and I did absolutely nothing as far as trying to load it on another device....yet I got the "Activation Limit" notice, and have unable to get my cs5.5 back. No help from Adobe, they just want to sell me a subscription. I requested a reset of the number of devices, they will not help.

By @Rachel36694248slcr

There was no change on your computer, and out of the blue, the computer told you that you reached the activation limit, even when not entering the serial?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!  Nothing at all changed on my end. Out of the blue - "Activation Limit Reached"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it's awful if Adobe could supposedly block users from using legacy softwares. I began to suspect recently that Autodesk actually could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adbmois 

did your account show your laptop was activated when you checked registration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, which is why i thought i would have to deactivate it first eventhough it showed only 1 device. I deactivated the laptop after the desktop showed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was the laptop removed from the activated devices list after you deactivated it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I waited and refreshed it just to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

difficult to figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rachel36694248slcr 

typically that happens when there's a hardware change, eg more ram added, a new hard drive or maybe even a graphics card change.  and possibly using a computer restore to an earlier point in time might trigger that.

but if nothing changed, i don't think i've  heard that before.  i don't think there's much you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a 3rd device only 2 devices total.

Okay, so before installation on the new desktop

• I checked on my adobe account online, I only have 1 registered device which is my old laptop (this is the working CS5.5 version which I did not touch for a long time, it's been installed there for a while)
  • I installed the CS5.5 on my new desktop, follow along the installation process, I skipped the register part because for some reason it only allows me to enter 12 character password (i've updated my adobe account password for the CC subscription) and knowingly well that Adobe should know that I've already registered this from my laptop.
  • The activation panel problem appears on my desktop.
  • somehow when i checked online on the device page, my desktop device showed up (eventhough i skipped the registration?)
  • I followed instructions to deactivate the CS5.5 on my old laptop and so i thought maybe i have to deactivate the one on my laptop first in order for the CS5.5 on the desktop to work, i'd give it a try. (Tried both from Photoshop CS5.5 help menu and online)
  • so by the time my old laptop got deactivated, i would try activating again on my desktop but to no avail. Still the same repeated message on the panel.
  • and then, okay, so then that means i would still be able to use the CS5.5 on my old laptop, I just had to reactivate it again.
  • and lo and behold, that did not work so I ended up with 2 devices that I cannot run my CS5.5 with. My laptop ended up showing the exact problem as my desktop i.e. activation reach limit panel.
  • so I panicked, and realized i still had my system image back up from a couple of days, so i restored it and it was restored as before. So at least, I'm glad i could still use my CS5.5 on my laptop. Now i know this is a bit deceiving instruction for customers like me not knowing that it won't let me use the CS5.5 again on my old laptop.
  • The desktop problem persists.
  • asked support, saying that there's a possibility that i activated twice on my same laptop and I'm confused, saying to myself, shouldn't this be counted as one.
  • Support agent mentioned that it was not possible again because of the server out of service.
  • and I found this recent thread

so hopefully this gives a bit of a clearer steps what i've done and I've past the 2 days limit I guess and I don't know what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Astonishing that this is still going on after all these years. Adobe just needs to release a "final" update/official crack/call-it-what-you-will that removes activation entirely, so you just enter your key and it works, period. Then they can say, "We are no longer supporting this product." And their unfortunate helpdesk staff and older users of the product won't have to deal with this NONSENSE anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines