• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Fix Adobe Application Manager for CS6

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of going to a previous image backup & fixing this, how do I fix this that Adobe's update manager broke. I am not interested in going to cloud based software, so prefer to stay at CS6. Seems like there should be a simple download link for this somewhere, but all I find is the application manager download link for CC versions.   Here is the message I get when trying to do an update to either my Photoshop CS6 or Dreamweaver CS6. If I knew where this file was located on my hard drive, I could just extract it from imagex backup with 7zip.

AdobeAppManager.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

After some more google research, I was able to find where these files live.  I overwrote the folder tree C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core from my backup & it works again.  I will just ignore any updates that update manager tells me to update & hopefully just disabling that utility from starting using msconfig.exe will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some more google research, I was able to find where these files live.  I overwrote the folder tree C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core from my backup & it works again.  I will just ignore any updates that update manager tells me to update & hopefully just disabling that utility from starting using msconfig.exe will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when youre in the core selection how can you recover it? I'm having the same issue with that error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you could post the folder from your backup that works? I have this issue but no backup to pull from. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my own serial number for my CS6 of After Effects by somehow the number has been revoked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A revoked license is a different issue unrelated to this topic.

Contact the vendor who sold it to you.

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

https://helpx.adobe.com/genuine/faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you could post the folder from your backup that works? I have this issue but no backup to pull from. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much appreciate that tip. This happened to me and fortunately I have a copy of Dreamweaver CS6 (which I bought and paid for) on an old Win 7 PC and copied over the PDApp file complete and it is over 140MB but it worked immediately (I backed up the old PDApp first). I am delighted and I have booted off Creative Cloud permanently having just installed (and paid for) PS2020 Elements and Premier Elements.
The question now is, how do we get this file to other honest people or can it be downloaded from somewhere.

NB: My first time on this forum.

Again, thank you David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines