• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep Premiere Pro app installed, but remove Creative Cloud desktop app

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the full Creative Cloud membership and I love all the apps. However I NEVER EVER sync ANYTHING from any computer to any online thing. I don't need any syncing, or connections to the internet, or anything. When I work on Premiere Pro, I disconnect everything from the internet. Also, the WORST thing about Creative Cloud is that it's always running and slowing down the computer. Even if I "quit" Creative Cloud desktop app, it still slows everything down.

Here is what I want:

I want to keep my full Adobe Creative Cloud suite membership. I do not want to change my plan. I have ALL Adobe apps, and want to keep them. My membership is totally fine with me.

I want to install ONLY Adobe Premiere Pro CC on my computer, and DO NOT want to install Creative Cloud, which is stupid and extra crap.

How do I keep the Premiere Pro desktop app, but remove the Creative Cloud desktop app?

I need all the memory and speed I have on my computer and Adobe CC is making it so slow I can't even use Premiere Pro. Please help! CC itself serves NO PURPOSE for me whatsoever.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

I figured out how to do it! So happy about this. What I did was download the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller tool, and used that instead of my Windows 10 uninstaller.  I installed Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Media Encoder, and Creative Cloud desktop app (because I was forced to). Once I had my desired apps installed, I used the Adobe uninstaller to remove only the Creative Cloud app and leave my others. This worked, and Premiere Pro is now functioning perfectly! And my computer is fast

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikedastorytellah  wrote

How do I keep the Premiere Pro desktop app, but remove the Creative Cloud desktop app?

You can't. The CC Desktop App is the visible front-end of the license manager, without it nothing else can be installed or opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to do it! So happy about this. What I did was download the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller tool, and used that instead of my Windows 10 uninstaller.  I installed Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Media Encoder, and Creative Cloud desktop app (because I was forced to). Once I had my desired apps installed, I used the Adobe uninstaller to remove only the Creative Cloud app and leave my others. This worked, and Premiere Pro is now functioning perfectly! And my computer is fast again! I know some people like CC, but for those that don't need it, here is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikedastorytellah,

the 'Creative Cloud Desktop App' is not only for syncing files. It also gives you hints about new software
updates, so that you can update your 'Premiere Pro' to the newest available version without extra hassle.
There's so much more. In my opinion, it's worth having it installed. Either way, it's your decision.

(By the way: If you don't want the App to launch on Windows Startup, you can deactivate that in the Settings.)

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preventing the Creative Cloud Desktop App from launching at startup does NOTHING to help performance on Windows 10.

It still launches several background processes that are high disk users such as Creative Cloud UI Helper, Creative Cloud Helper, Creative Cloud 32-bit, and some others that I can't list because I just had to uninstall Premiere Pro to get Creative Cloud OFF MY PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan is to use an Adobe Product seldom when a project requires it. It could be over a year until I need to use one again.

Every time I login to Windows, it's very slow for several minutes. I open Task Manager and there are 5 or 6 Creative Cloud Services at the top (sorted by disk usage) slowing everything down. I've never used or cared about using the cloud services but I cannot allow these to slow me down the 300+ days of the year I don't use Adobe products. So I guess my solution is to completely Uninstaller Adobe suite until I need it again.

Adobe suite needs a way to just turn off completely for those of us who are not full time users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just terminate those adobe processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They cannot be terminated. Or rather, they come right back if you stop them.

Thanks

And I've turned off all Adobe related startup programs, and modified CC preferences to do as little as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that "Thanks" was meant to be at the end. In the middle it looks sparky.

It really feels like Adobe is abusing these background services. No other program I've worked with in 10 years aside from official Microsoft stuff or anti virus stuff is so insistent about running non stop. Or they do a better job staying under cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'll get you information on how to terminate those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you get all those processes with ANY Creative Cloud app. I don't say this is a good thing, but you should have no expectation of being able to pick and choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines