Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Lightroom 4.4 - where to download the install/ update

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have Lightroom 4 and want to use it on my Mac.

When i install Lightroom, i don't have the actual version on my Mac, so Lightroom tells me, that i should download the current version, which would be 4.4

Problem with the version is, that sometimes Lightroom crashes and so i want to fix this...

So I asked Lightroom to search for updates and the result is: there is a newer version, which is 4.4

When i clicked it, i got on the adobe homepage. There should be the option, to download the install (i m not sure if you should be abled to download the update or the install for the current version).

Now there is the real problem.

For Lightroom 4  is a download for windows possible, but under the option Mac OS X, is just the possibility "contact support", and while follow all the instructions i landed here.

So I ask here kindly for help, where i could get those file or if there is another option to solve the problem.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Nikolaus0123, if you wish to reinstall Lightroom 4 for Mac, then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care  as discussed in Download Photoshop Lightroom .  The retail installation files that were originally released were pulled due to an issue with the security certificate.  You can speak directly with our support team to choose the best way to reinstall Lightroom on your Mac computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Please see here: Lightroom 4 is Out, Adobe Slashes Prices! Direct Download Links. | ProDesignTools

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 4 Direct Download Links"

I'll recommend to save the download files on an USB stick, hard drive or CD/DVD, but it isn't sure how long these links are available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help... kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2571370 to download program installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikolaus0123, if you wish to reinstall Lightroom 4 for Mac, then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care  as discussed in Download Photoshop Lightroom .  The retail installation files that were originally released were pulled due to an issue with the security certificate.  You can speak directly with our support team to choose the best way to reinstall Lightroom on your Mac computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I contacted customer support and they directed me here!  It would be great to get a straightforward response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The process below WILL NOT WORK if you have a (CS6 or earlier) serial number for an education or volume version, since the only downloads now available are the retail installers, which DO NOT work with an education or volume serial number

Start by reading reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks for your thoughts.  Unfortunately none of them have yet let to a solution.  I am however waiting on customer support to respond to my latest inquiry.  Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott ! I'm looking for the 4.4 version as well. Have you found it yet ?

Thanks,

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot for the chat bot suggestion. In less than 5 mins the agent gave me a link to download the latest version of the software based on my serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.

I have the same problem and I was addressed to here.

could you post the link here to help me?

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a chat right now and being denied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: Lightroom 4 is Out, Adobe Slashes Prices! Direct Download Links. | ProDesignTools

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 4 Direct Download Links"

I'll recommend to save the download files on an USB stick, hard drive or CD/DVD, but it isn't sure how long these links are available. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AxelMatt Thank you so much, the link work perfectly on 1-14-2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AxelMatt : Link still worked. I updated my LR4.1 Student and Teacher Edition by installing it with my serial number and then doing the installation of  LR4.4.1 with the download file from your link. Worked perfectly! Now I will burn this downloaded file on a CD and store it together with the original CD I bought in the past.

Thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines