• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing on ARM processor

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded illustrator 2 months ago and realized my computer was windows 8 so I couldn't install it. I waited too long before trying to cancel and it said I would be charged $70 to cancel so I kept it and bought a new computer. The new computer now also is not compatible because it has a ARM processor. I called illustrator and explained that I can't use it and the rep told me he would send me a link to tutorials which would allow me to install. I asked him specifically "even though it has an ARM processor?" He said "yes you can download"....the link he sent me just takes me to the general tutorial page and I'm so lost. When im on the page to download illustrator it says "available on this computer:white_heavy_check_mark:" but when I click download, the system requirements says it's not available for that processor. Can anyone tell me if this was miscommunication or can I download it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

I would return the computer and get one with an Intel or AMD processor that is designed for general usage. ARM-based Windows PCs are typically cheaper and lower-powered and not suitable for graphics and design use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe apps work on Windows computers that use ARM processors?

At the moment, only Lightroom (version 4.1 and later) and Photoshop (version 22.4 and later) run natively on Windows computers that use ARM processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would return the computer and get one with an Intel or AMD processor that is designed for general usage. ARM-based Windows PCs are typically cheaper and lower-powered and not suitable for graphics and design use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am factory resetting it right now so I can return it. I can't even install my printer on it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable answer. It's a cop out for Adobe's failure to support the platform when they said they would 2 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Lightroom Cloud already support ARM processors. Adobe has stated that other apps will follow in due course.

It's always essential to check software system requirements prior to investing in new hardware and operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no development for over a year and I have owned my SPC for 2 years. That is not an excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been no development for over a year and I have owned my SPC for 2 years. That is not an excuse.

By @jay_ebooks

Your point is noted but, as you are aware, you're speaking to fellow end users here. Not Adobe.

Let's see what Adobe serves up in 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the correct answer, so it must de facto be acceptable because there is nothing else to accept.

You could always get a Mac, ARM processors are much further along on the Apple side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a solution and never will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARM is now officially supported (since 2022), and PCs powered by such processors are no longer only "lower-powered" and not suitable for intensive applications.

Find out more about Photoshop and Windows devices with ARM processors (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARM support hasn't changed much. You can check for system requirements of each application you wish to use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/arm-processors.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're posting to an outdated thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread was literally the first thing that showed up in search when, out of curiousity, I searched to see if Photoshop had ARM support added after looking at some new ARM PCs.

Thought at least I could add a comment in case others find this.
I obviously glanced over the fact this was about Illustrator/Adobe apps in general as it showed up in a search for Photoshop. 🤷🏼🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what?  pointing out that info in an outdated thread is outdated isn't particularly helpful. that's especially true when others start adding to the then resurrected thread.

ie, when searching for specs for current hardware/software, you must (for obvious reasons) check only recent info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The links I posted are current and I recommend checking the system requirements of any software you use before you buy any new computer.

In general, the more expensive and powerful a computer is, the more software it will run. A kitted-out Apple MacBook Pro or Puget Systems laptop PC ($$$$$) will handle almost anything you throw at it including video, 3D, engineering and scientific apps, coding, databases, and so on.

Apple now has the entry-level M1 MacBook Air at Walmart for US$699 and I'd consider that a bare minimum for Photoshop on Mac, and about double that for a decent experience. A US$500 ARM laptop won't get you far on Windows. Even dropping US$1500-2000 for a higher-end ARM PC doesn't get you much when compared to Intel models.

https://www.windowscentral.com/hardware/laptops/best-windows-laptops-with-arm-processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines