• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Validating Serial # for CS6 License

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-installed CS6 onto my macbook pro. I am trying to validate my license & keep encountering errors. The first issue I had was that I kept receiving an error saying the computer was not online. I tried to do the validation offline which continusouly kept giving me a notice that my serial # was expired or invalid. I contacted adobe support who said there were no issues with my serial #. I removed the programs & reinstalled. Now when I open a program I am prompted to either do a 30 day trial or login to validate my license. When I try to login to validate my license I am sent in a continuous loop. I input my account login information, it asks me to verify, I enter the verifiation code, & then am sent back to the login screen. This happens until I eventually recieve an error message saying that my account is temporarily disabled due to security issues. I've had my account unlocked by adobe support but still no luck validating or loging in. I am running Mojave 10.14.6, so the operating system is not the issue. I am also able to login on the adobe website no problem & my CS6 is not in use by any devices currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, I understand that this is the 'older version'. Unfourtunately I spent thousands of dollars to own the rights to the license & I do not like the new version of illustrator. So I would like to continue use of the program that I have already spent a copious amount of money on & am comfortable/familiar in using.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac operating system?

Legacy Creative Suite cannot install much less run on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.  It's too old.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mojave 10.14.6. CS6 is already installed on the computer. The issue is that my serial number is not being recognized as valid &  I'm unable to log into my adobe account to validate, as I've described in detail above. It is currently operating as if I'm on a 30 day trial without a license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you hit the "License this Product?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copying exert from original post:

"when I open a program I am prompted to either do a 30 day trial or login to validate my license. When I try to login to validate my license I am sent in a continuous loop. I input my account login information, it asks me to verify, I enter the verifiation code, & then am sent back to the login screen. This happens until I eventually recieve an error message saying that my account is temporarily disabled due to security issues. I've had my account unlocked by adobe support but still no luck validating or loging in."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also refer to this help article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the TLS links I provided to verify that you are able to communicate with the server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having the exact same problem as Hilary Baxter. When I try to use your workaround, my iMac simply will not let me right click on the instal folder to show the contents of the folder. I'm using an iMac running OS high sierra. Any suggestions? I too am very disappointed that I spent £2800 with Adobe only to be told my serial number is invalid/expired/fraudulent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to my query. I have checked that my browser is tls 1.2 compliant, and it is. I am using Google as my default browser. Not sure what I can do next 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm continuing to assume the problem you're seeing when trying to activate yoru cs6 is that adobe thinks your compute is offine or it can't connect with adobe's servers.

if that's correct, confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos after clicking "link"?

if you can and still see a connection error try these steps, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

if those all fail, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Yes Adobe thinks my computer is not conected to the internet and keeps prompting me to retry. 

I have tried option 1 that you have suggested, and yes both Adobe logos show up when I click the link. A large red one and a small grey one.

Option 2. I havn't noticed a specific error code when i've tried to install and activate my software.

Option 3. I downloaded the white list, but when I open it, it is blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume this is what you're calling option 2, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html

there are no error codes with many connection issues caused by firewalls, av, vpns etc.

if it's in english, can you paste here a screenshot of what you see after trying to activate your cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 16.13.48.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for that.

you're seeing the typical connect problem usually caused by a network, firewall etc problem.

have your suspended your firewall and av, and checked your hosts file?

if yes, you could try:

1. Disconnect your Mac completely from the internet

2. At the first start of CS6 with any app you will be asked if you want to try it for 30 days or register

3. If you have bought CS6 and have a serial number choose to register

[perhaps after that there was another window with an error message taht you have no internet acces - continue without internet)

4. This will take you to a window where you have to fill in your serial number

5. If you click "continue" you'll be informed that there is still no internet connection and asked if you want to activate offline

6. Thefollowing window has the option "I can't connect to the internet" [or similar] - click on that and re-connect with the internet afterwards

7. Next you need a request code [German: Anforderungscode - not sure what that is translated to English] to be generated. Get this code generated. and that leads you to a window where you will have to fill in the answering code later (point 10 here)

8. You will be taken to an offline activation website of Adobe where you fill in this "request code" [Anforderungscode] and also the CS6 serial number.

9. After you have done, you click on "generate answering code" [German: Antwortcode generieren]

10. Fill in the "answering code" and click continue

11. In my case this worked and I was told that CS6 now successfully got activated and is ready to use unlimited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. I have checked my firewall and it is turned off. I do not know what "AV" means and I don't know how to check host file. Should I continue to install my software anyway, which will give me 7 days to use it, and then do the things you have suggested in your list? Anforderungscode apparently translates as "request code". Many thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

av = antivirus.

do you have any av or antimalware software running?

re: hosts file - https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/edit-mac-hosts-file/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines