Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large hidden files in CRLogs folder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is: C:Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CRLogs

This CRLogs folder takes up 31GB of my hard drive.

Inside the folder :

CRlogs_content.jpg

What are those files?

Is it save to delete those?

Because I'm running out of space in C.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this file today as well, and am wondering if this is something new with CC18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guy's,

I also discovered this files today. They also filled up my hole C drive. But it takes 43,6 GB of my hard drive.

And of cause I'm running out of space too.

I found this big files, by searching the reason, why my Aftereffects project does not render in the last day's.

I have chanced all locations for all types of cache files in the past on another hard drives (like F).

Every time i try to render my project, a window from Windows 10 pops up after a few hours and says, you don't have enough space on C.

But It does not render to C and it shouldn't do anything on my C disc. After that my Ae crashes every time.

Yesterday i have erased a couple of files on my C disc. So i have got up to 10GB back for use. But after a few more render hours the same problem pop's up again. But now i have the half file rendert to my E disc and my C disc have only 500MB left. My E disc have over 600GB free space left.

I have rendered the file as a tiff data, because i tried to see if it would crash on the same frames. But every time i render it out, it  stops at another frame then before.

I also use every Program in the version of CC18.

It seams to me, that it would be an issue from CC18, because in the past it worked fine. And i don't have had any problems with not enough disc space on C in the past.

So please tell me someone if i could delete this crasy huge files with out problems!?

And why does they create them selfe on C with out my permission?

How could i stop the creating of this huge files?

Could this really be my problem for crashing Ae or does Ae crash first and then my C disc run's full?

I would send you a picture of it, if you wont, but i'm from Germany, so i think the picture will not help you at all. Windows runs on my system in Germany, but all adobe apps run in english.

Sorry for my bad writing skills, i'm better in understanding english then writing it my self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just found this folder is taking up 71GB of space on my SSD, and I'm having really bad stability issues with After Effects CC 2018 due to the lack of space.

Did you find out whether its safe to delete these or not?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't know if it's safe to delete. Is there any adobe insider who can answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tweeted the creative cloud twitter... hopefully they'll respond soon, I'll post up when they do.

I'm debating just deleting the folder and seeing what happens, to be honest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can try that and post the result here. Because I don't have the courage to take the risk...lol

Anyway, thanks for tweeting to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just deleted the lot of them, plus all the files in my Local/Temp folder... After Effects runs fine after doing so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about other programs? Photoshop, Premiere, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open up Premiere, and my last project with no problems, and Photoshop opens up without any problems, too.

Adobe needs to do something about these files taking up so much room!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoaa.. thanks so much for trying that. Now I can assume that it's safe to delete those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello PrawiSucia! Does it keep on working well, or did you encounter any new issues? Hallo NilsBest​, ich habe genau das gleiche Problem und mit dem Rendern ist es auch ein ganz schön zäher Spaziergang :-S  Hast du irgendetwas rausgefunden?

Since a few days I've been running out of space on my SSD, too and After Effects keeps on repeating that cache-space notice, that comes, when assigning more gigs than there's left on the Volume. Usually that error notification stops after cleaning the cache & temp files [usually I got it set up to 27 GB and it would never complain, as long as I keep everything else tidied up], but now it seems that something (44.6 GB) remains accumulated in a subfolder [Appdata/Roaming/Adobe/CRLogs].

Im going to delete those files hoping it might solve the prob. However it'd feel better if there was someone from Adobe around to bring some light into those shallow folders...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gonzaloa41244531, ja das kommt mir sehr bekannt vor. Bei mir hat es wirklich wie schon oben beschrieben geholfen „Ok, I just deleted the lot of them, plus all the files in my Local/Temp folder... After Effects runs fine after doing so!“(sebj6287548 13.11.2017 02:06) Und Probleme sind bei mir auch nicht aufgetreten. Wenn du ganz sicher gehen willst, kannst du sie ja erst mal wo anders hin verschieben. Falls es dann zu Problemen kommen sollte, kannst du sie einfach wieder an dem ursprünglichen Ort wieder einfügen.

Aber wie gesagt ich habe sie direkt gelöscht und es ergaben sich bei mir keine Probleme.

So I think deleting these CRLogs is ok, because I did it and all the programs run fine again. I have finished my project without any more problems.

But if you will be save, maybe transfer them to  another location. If something now does not work anymore you could retransfer them back to there old location and it should work fine again. And if it work's fine you could delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found these files cleaning my SSD, decided to move them to an external drive to see what happens. Really interested in the reason for these files. They took up 42 GB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any official response from Adobe on this? Google isn't really turning up much of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! My programs keep on writing those files and I now have to delete them every month in order to have enough space on my SSD to run my system stable... This can't be usual - must be a bug. Any comments on how to fix that or what the solution could be @Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And same here. They took up 130 GB of space on my C drive. Moved them to a temporary external hard drive, deleted from my C Drive. Things operate normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CR Logs should automatically get removed after sending to Adobe servers but in an old version, there was an issue which in the rare case would not delete them if unable to send. This has been fixed in newer versions and will automatically be taken care of when an update of application is rolled out.It is safe to remove them if required.

Feel free to update the thread for more questions. You may also Contact Customer Care for help and information.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version (15.0.1) but After Effect keeps creating those huge files when it crahes and not deleting them afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. My CRLOgs folder size is 103 GB. It is probably because AE crashes VERY often when I use it with Mocha plugin. I really wonder if theses crash reporter windows are of any use. I've never had any feedback from Adobe when I've taken the time to fill them.

Thanks for at least giving us that little info Kanika...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

This question is old and labeled as "assumed answered".

But I want to clear the field for users who still looking for the answer or upcoming solution searchers.

First of all, yes you can delete those files

As far as I know, Adobe should delete this file after sending it to themselves anyway.

This files created because on your Adobe account's privacy settings, sharing app and machine statistics options are on by default.

https://account.adobe.com/privacy

You should uncheck the two options if you don't want to Adobe creating this large files anymore or sharing your statistics.

Flies away...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the options but it's still makeing those large files. I am not sure, however, the privacy settings are where my issues are stemming from as the files that are clogging up my C drive are FULL Files. I have done everything I can think of to try and fix the issue: switched all my caches to my D drive, cleared my caches, etc. Yet, within five minutes of my ae being open the app suspends itself and causes my memory usage to skyrocket to 97%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried to cut the CRlogs and paste it into my D Drive so that it would fill my D Drive instead as i has much more space but, as I suspected it to do, it just recreates the file in my C Dive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a desktop shortcut of the CR Logs folder, and deleting them by hand.

But with the lastest update to CC 2019 it rarely creates does huge files anymore on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists. Somehow, when rendering in AE it keeps dumping these logs. As soon as the drive gets full though, AE crashes. Largest log file I had was 50 GB, and there were like 6 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines