• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 on a new PC

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in have been using Lightroom 6 for years (many thousands of images....) but have just had to buy a new PC.

I know dowloads are discontinued but I still had the original install files and serial numbers, so I did manage to install it, but when I open it I am asked to register the product.

To do this I have to login to Adobe, which confirms registration, but the newly installed program does not seem to recognise it.... So it always asks for registration when I try to open it and I can't make that stick.

Is it really true that if you are unfortunate enough to need to move to a new PC, that's the end for you as a user of LR6????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your problem resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately.  I cannot launch on the laptop because the programs are not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm....maybe I've got my 'installed' computers mixed up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow the steps on the computer where you want to install the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you.  But I'm confused about the 'product' I should launch.  I'm thinking you mean Illustrator or Photoshop or ....   Are you meaning the installer for these apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting somewhere!!!   : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's loaded!!!!   It launches!!!    Wooohooo!   Thank you so very, very much!  Now I just need to make it big enough to see on that teeny 16" screen!   

And thanks extra much for your patience!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear that.  what was the problem and solution, for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was me.  I wasn't sure which was 'installed' computer.  The solution was yours!  Once I figured it all out, I followed your instructions exactly and it worked just like you said it would.  It's not activated yet, had to deactivate on my old laptop first.  I'll activate it now but I think it will be fine.  Now....these old eyes just need a 24" laptop for the big screen!!   LOL!    A lot of people really have a hard time with using old software.  But it's like an old car.  If it works and you're happy, why change?  CS6 does everything I need for right now, even tho I"d love all those new features in the subscription products.
Thank you again @kglad!  Very much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried on 'installed' computer, not laptop.  Never gets to asking me for a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines