• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE:

For those of you who are having problems running lightroom CC 2015 after installing it, and signing out of CC and back in did not work, please see option 2 at this link:
Lightroom doesn't launch or quits automatically after splash screen

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the sign out and sign in - did not work.
Tried the procedure in your post link, renaming the SL Cache folder. I was not able to find a SL Store folder.

Now I get an "Error 16" and the CC app lists LR and PS uploads as trial versions only.

Please help!

I reset my cache folder back to previous since it was not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex

See this link regarding the error 16 message:

Configuration error | CC, CS

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent answer works a treat sign out then sign in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really sucks. I, too have signed out of CC and back in, and LR worked for a while, but now it won't even start up again. It makes it really hard to get work done when you're always having to f-around with the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything people have tried above, but LR will still not come up. The only thing I get is a screen that tells me how many days left in my trial, which is now down to 8 days & I have been in once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem by Windows 7 Service Pack 1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have been experiencing this same problem.

I have lightroom installed along with Creative Cloud and it had been working fine for a couple of months.

Two weeks ago it failed to open.

I have tried every solution which has been recommended on this thread including:

Log out and back in to CC.

Rename SLCache/SLStore.

Delete Contents of SLCache/SLStore folders.

Uninstall CC and Lightroom and Reinstall.

Change Permissions and Security settings of SLStore and Adobe PCD.

Non of the above have worked and Lightroom still will not launch. Frustrated is an understatment given that 1. I am paying for this software and cannot use it and 2. it worked fine untill 2 weeks ago.

Surely Adobe should have resolved this without me having to waist 50+ hours trying to resolve the issue with no success.

Can Adobe please provide a solution?  or should i just cancel subscription and ask for a refund before going back to using free photodirector 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open up my light room, I signed out and signed back in. It is telling me its already open in another apploication but i cant find it, and it still wont open, I even tried running as an adminsitator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummm. I updated (downloaded) via CC 18 hours ago and now LR will not open. PS and BR are okay. I have logged out of CC and logged back in. Restarted my Mac, Powered off my Mac, Logged out again. Still no luck.

Has anyone else found this problem?

The Banner screen opens with a face (blue/green) and the eyes are closed if that helps anyone for the build number.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is going on. But I'm having a similar issue of LR 5.7 not starting.

Click on LR shortcut and nothing. I've shut down and restarted my computer and still Nothing

Attempted a repair of 5.7 - Nothing

Uninstalled and reinstalled 5.7 - nothing

Uninstalled 5.7 and installed 5.7.1 - nothing.

I'm lost as to what to do to make this work.

Any Help would certainly be appreciated since I have a client waiting on their photos.

Angel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and back in to the CC app did not work for me.  The only thing that does work is logging out of my user account and then signing back in.  I'm on Windows 10 and have the latest version of LRCC installed, including the latest patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having problems, but I do have a partial solution:

I recently updated Lightroom CC to the latest version (PC running Win 10).

Like many, I found that it would not start.

I followed the recommendation to quit from the CC app, and Sign-In again.

This initially got LRCC running again, but every time I shut it down, it would refuse to open again.

I went to "Task Manager"  (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and found that, under the "PROCESSES" tab, there were instances of "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" STILL RUNNING. One instance was apparently using 40% of memory.

I selected each instance and clicked on "End Task".

After doing this, LRCC opens  without problems, but I need to go through this process every time.

Does this shed any light on the problem?  Can anyone suggest a permanent fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked for me!  After I closed Lightroom it would not start again, same as before.  I looked at the Task Manager and found two instances of Lightroom under Background Processes.  I killed one of them and both disappeared from the list.  I then attempted to start Lightroom again and it started normally.  Not a perfect fix, but much better than logging off my user account and logging back on again.  Thanks!  I suspect that a "permanent fix" is something that we will have to wait for from Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, always comforting when you find you are "not alone".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that did it. I had to reboot my pc every time I wanted to open lightroom before now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happens on newest LRCC on Win8.1 - killing process helps, but it asks to backup catalog everytime you want to quit it normally, so I suppose it doesn't finishes backup when using thi method (also it jumps to phot I edited yesterday when opened again...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piXelRider, I think what you're describing is noramal behaviour?

Have you tried disabling the backup?

Go to: Edit->Catalog Settings (PC) OR Lightroom->Catalog Settings (Mac)

Set: "Back up catalog" to "Never" or one of the other options.

Please let us know if that helps.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me correct my description: it opens a photo which I edited some days ago - but it should show the last one - the one, which I was editing before trying to close LR Skipping backup doesn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Sorry, misunderstood.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,  but mine doesn't even 'act' like it is going to launch...I get nothing not even the little circle wait symbol by my pointer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Task Manager to see if it's still running in the background?  (Assuming you're using Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As weird as it may seem, it worked for me. Running Mac OS 10.11.1 El Capitan & LR CC 2015.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to stop following but can't find out how to do it. Please help.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines