• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac operating system too old....

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tells me my mac operating system is too old to download photoshop, even though I am paying for it through the Creative Cloud programme, has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know if there´s an older version of hotoshop available to download? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Since you have not indicated what your system specs are it has to be assumed that your machine is not meeting the requirements for the software.  If that is the case then there is not much you can do except try before you buy the next time. 

Photoshop - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications -

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have not indicated what your system specs are it has to be assumed that your machine is not meeting the requirements for the software.  If that is the case then there is not much you can do except try before you buy the next time. 

Photoshop - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications -

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking time to answer Ned, I was actually very rushed when I wrote this so of course didn't have time to mention my system, I am running snow leopard on an older mac, which actually means that my current system software cannot run the latest Photoshop CC, (yes it would have been advisable to check if my software was compatible first, thankyou for making this clear, but, as a fine artist rather than computer savvy graphic designer, I didn't check) this was something I just assumed would be made clearer by Adobe, when first ordering the available package. I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to.

Luckily I found another thread (similar to the one you've highlighted above, but not yours) which explained how after downloading the CREATIVE CLOUD APP, that you can actually search for OLDER versions of the software which are available to download, so all was solved in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geraldine.
so glad to see your post. I'm wondering could you please send me the link that explains how to download prior versions of adobe subscriptions for okder computers unable to be updated? 
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Thank you,

kristi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer offer older versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac it's to old for the new software.

What Ihave to do?

I have to pay alaways...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a SIX YEAR OLD THREAD that you are posting in. And you have provided zero details.

So, how about please tell us which Mac specifically that you have, what version of macOS you have, and which apps you want to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stefano Grillini 

an adobe subscription allows installation and use of older adobe apps:

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Mac is too old, and you're running an older subscription product, yes, you will have to pay to maintain your subscription status and to be able to run the old software. I would, however, change my hardware.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2012 iMacs with: catalina 10.15.7
I would like to know if I have to continue paying my subscription in full!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to continue using the programs: yes. But the best solution would be to change your system to a newer one. It is still pricier to use Mac computers than Windows. 

You could also try running Windows on your Mac and, if that works fine, using the latest Adobe products.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, numerous studies have shown that TCO is lower with the Mac due to lower support costs and better resale value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you have to keep paying if you want to use the subscription apps.  the cost and subscription terms don't change even if you are no longer using current versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its time for a newer computer. Apple has just stopped supporting Catalina and 2012 machines are considered obsolete. Any eleven year old system is on borrowed time.

You can cancel your subscription and find a different product, download older versions of the CC apps, or get newer computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines