• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Creative Cloud products available on Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve rights to run it on any operating system I want. Please?!?!

Taken from: Eric Park on Twitter: "@Adobe please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve righ...

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. If you, Adobe, can make cc for mac, then you can for linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add support for linux there will be, very soon, an Adobe CC Distro. A linux flavor devoted to run Adobe products using all the horse power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019! We still don't have it on Linux! Please, Adobe. Make us happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most desired thing on this forum, yet Adobe still does not care. What is the point of this website if nothing is going to happen. This makes me so sad that all of this is just a lie made for us, so we can hope that something will change. My friend on the other day told me that if Adobe software was an open-source, then we would already have our Linux version of our favorite software. And it would be free. On every available OS. It literally makes me question the very meaning of our existence. Why the hell should we live if it is all about money? Please, Adobe. I beg you. I will pay you at least for upcoming 30 years if nothing happens to me. I can even sign a contract if you want to. Just make a goddamn Linux version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join request for Linux - deb(more)/rpm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, start with photoshop and xd, there are no alternatives on linux, we need it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted here a year ago, I came here on regular basis in hope to see some official making an announcement. I'm here a year later, kind of disappointed to see nothing has moved.

I'm working in web development and we use Linux and OSX. I still think a version of Photoshop and Illustrator should be a sealing deal for many agencies.

Things are simpler now : GitHub - ValveSoftware/Proton: Compatibility tool for Steam Play based on Wine and additional compon...

Proton is a tool for use with the Steam client which allows games (or softwares) which are exclusive to Windows to run on the Linux operating system. It uses Wine to facilitate this.

If they can port windows games, there's no way Adobe can't port the Suite too. I don't ask for Abobe Suite to work on any Linux forks, just ONE. I will switch to this one and continue with a happier life. It's 2019 I think we deserve that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would prefer to run linux right now the only thing stoping me is Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support what has already been said. I feel that by supporting CC on Linux would offer exciting capabilities especially if coupled with something like Samsung's Linux on dex. You could plug in your phone to a larger display on the go, granted with a lighter processor, but with the full power of a cc program rather than the mobile version. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, Listen. We understand there is going to be R&D with getting your software running on a whole different operating system.

However, I have been trolling through your forums and I can guarantee you would instantly get AT LEAST 1,000 new subscriptions to your service if you provided it on at least one Linux distro. With Microsoft's transition into ARM architecture, x86 emulation is only the first step, you will need to expand your user base to stay competitive. We are sick of getting screwed by Microsoft, who seem to only care about making their operating system as bloated as Samsung's early Android Skins. As far as apple goes, No. I'm not paying an extra $3,000 for a special "magic" track pad. LINUX. Please? I love your software.

*gets off soapbox*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to make this happen ASAP.

Like many, this is the only reason I am still using Windows OR Mac(but, don't really like Apple, hint the price point). Every other program I use works with Linux (Ubuntu) OR is cloud-based. Once Adobe CC works with Linux goodbye Windows.

What doesn't make sense, is that Mac is based on Unix, which is what Linux is based on. So, you would think they would make some more changes and make the apps work. Oh, and also, many programmers like to developer on Linux, so why is @Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The community is demanding this almost 10 years now. Creative Cloud is the ONLY thing i have to boot into windows. i just hate it, its not efficient. Every other software i use is available for ubuntu/linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this has already been discussed (if so, please show me where) but I've recently been hearing good stuff about container packages such as snap, flatpak and appimages (particularly snap) which are distribution agnostic.  These containers isolate the rest of the operating system from the software and contain all the dependencies required which I think would go a long way to solve the argument of Adobe having difficulties with support for the multitude of available Linux distributions?

Added to that I have seen scripts and other means of getting Adobe CC packages installed and running through things like wine and Play on Linux, though I believe updates are a problem and I doubt the stability of such solutions.

However this leads me to think there could be two possible solutions.  One would be someone clever enough to make a containerised version of the existing Adobe CC App or Adobe to make a snap or similar package themselves (oh please).  I acknowledge that I don't have the knowledge to know if such a thing is possible but I would welcome any input anyone may have on the subject or can point me to somewhere on the internet where this has been discussed?

I, like many others am dying to get away from Windows and go full time Linux.  Editing photography is the only thing preventing me from doing so.

What say you about this Adobe? 

Thanks

Richard

Note: For the sake of brevity, I have tried existing Linux solutions and they don't cut it for me. Kudos to anyone who has successfully made the switch and made it work for them, I may try again at some future date but time is a valuable commodity and going through a new learning curve will consume too much of that which I don't have enough of at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Adobe CC since making the switch to Linux as my web development platform. I would gladly resubscribe if it were made available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, once for all. Make Adobe CC avaliable for Linux !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Linux atm but will give it a try if Adobe makes this possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the only reason I'm still stuck with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also support this, bring CC to Linux!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go CC to Linux Please ! We are VFX Studio and if you not do this we go to unsubscribe of your software , we are many alternative ex : DaVinci , Hiero etc ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe CC on Linux. Adobe Substance already supports rpm so it seems Adobe CC should follow. It would make good sense to require the CC app to download and update products purchased for fluidity. Most hardware used for Adobe already supports Linux in open and closed drivers for tablets and pens. Adobe's support would bring millions in dollars towards the future in Linux and sculpt the future in tech in general. Also developers are already using Linux to develop games and media like Google with Stadia and Game design companies. The need for Adobe CC has never been higher and can miss a great opportunity and the free support the Linux community can give, It only makes it cheaper in the long run to support a growing cutting edge community than to buy other software companies down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines