• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manage Fonts stuck at "Loading Adobe Fonts..."

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to "Manage Fonts" in Creative Cloud, it just spins with a message "Loading Adobe Fonts...".  Perhaps unrelated, I also that "Cloud Storage" in the upper right doc is stuck on "Getting storage information...".  I'm running the latest Mac OS X on a clean install on an M1-based Mac Mini.

I tried the following without help:

1) Logout and log back in with rebooting at various points

2) Cloud Create -> "Repair"

3) Cloud Create -> "Uninstall" which wouldn't work saying I still had adobe products that needed it.  I delete all Adobe products including any cached directories but still no good

4) Delete ALL adobe related files with clean install

I really don't want to have to do a clean OS install to try and fix this because that will take many hours.  Anything else I can try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Figured it out. Just needed to run the Creative Cloud Removal Tool and then reinstall everything (perhaps a hint from Creative Cloud Repair / Uninstaller that this tool exists would help) :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out. Just needed to run the Creative Cloud Removal Tool and then reinstall everything (perhaps a hint from Creative Cloud Repair / Uninstaller that this tool exists would help) :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me! I spent hours doing all the same things you tried. I wish this info were more available. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there- I tried running the uninstaller and everything.. nothing's working for me 😞 Do you remember the steps you took to get this solution to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleaner tool not working for me either , I still have the 'Loading Adobe Fonts spinner going', anyone have any other ideas? Please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a seperate tool linked above to the "Adobe Remover" tool, which functions different from the repair or cleaner tool. Essentially the Remover tool deletes all Adobe files on the computer, that the repair or cleaner tool doesn't effect. It sucks because your workspace and preferences get reset to default, but it solved for me the same issue you're having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a seperate tool linked above to the "Adobe Remover" tool, which functions different from the repair or cleaner tool. Essentially the Remover tool deletes all Adobe files on the computer, that the repair or cleaner tool doesn't effect. It sucks because your workspace and preferences get reset to default, but it solved for me the same issue you're having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I love you....thanks for the solution 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so so much. I was struggling for hours with this, which came up after switching to a new computer and using migration assistant. I tried reinstalling, repairing, revoking and returning my licensing and product rights, reinstalling my O.S. etc etc etc. But THIS WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was prepared to factory reset my computer and reinstall everything manually (which might have worked, but this saved me so much time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also am having this issue. I am a university student and I am desperate to get it fixed. The link you have included in your solution says that the process 'is intended for advanced computer users' and the process looks quite intimidating - I am by no means a pro with computers when it comes to things like this. 

Do you have to follow all of the steps in that article? It says that any files not synced to my Creative Cloud account could be lost, but surely if the files are saved to my mac then they will be okay? 

Please help! 

Thanks,

Eleanor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue/solution is very specific if you're experience these problems:

• Your Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't load "manage fonts" and you are unable to activate fonts when opening a file that has the missing fonts, which are also available on CC (i.e. I open a coworkers .ai file, he has a font I don't have on my computer, the font is available on CC and I hit activate, the fonts looks like they're loading but nothing happens after a while)
  • You've made sure your computer works with the wifi and the wifi works with your computer
  • You've tried repairing Adobe CC (You can attempt to uninstall Adobe CC using the "uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud" application found within the CC application files. This application give you the option to "repair" Adobe CC, which fixes broken files without deleting anything major.)
  • You've attempted to uninstall adobe creative cloud along with all other CC apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)

When you've exhausted all of these, there is a final solution which worked for the original poster and myself: using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner application found using these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Follow this helpdesk thread and use the application to nuke (delete all applications and application data) to build them anew on your computer. I found that my issue with connecting to the CC servers happened after transferring my old MacBook data and files to my new one, but obviously not everything transferred over smoothly. This tool allows your to perform a genuine reset of any and all data, useful or detrimental, on your system. The one drawback I found was all of my preferences and workspace information was reset completely for my Adobe apps, which took a bit to recreate.

Good Luck! If it still isn't working after following the link provided, it is possibly an issue unrelated to Adobe CC files. If this is the case, I don't have an answer, but be wary of scam websites trying to get you to use their "customer service" chats or phone lines. I had a printer issue and ended up on the wrong site to troubleshoot my issues, and almost let these scammers take over my computer. Be safe out in these streets, and I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to hit on your last worry, Adobe CC only sinks data related to your fonts, libraries, assets, etc. It is likely that most of these is either already synced, or not that relevant to what can be redone. It won't affect any .ai or .PSD or any of those kinds of files saved on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utter BS. Adobe itself needs to figure out the fix to this. I should not have to uninstall everything — after hunting down and copying all my preferences files so I don't have to completely reinvent the wheel for my preferred workflow — and then reinstall everything just to fix a bug that Adobe should be able to figure out. This is affecting potentially tens if not hundreds of thousands of people, and it's a pretty big set of hoops to ask all those people to jump through. That this post was originally written in July and it's now December with no better news to report is just shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have noted that I tried the various log out/restart/repair suggestions without success, so I now have to carve out a couple of hours to do this whole complete removal/reinstall, and I'm obviously unhappy about it. The tiniest sliver of silver lining is that at least there is a solution, however noxious. Thanks to the OP for figuring it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I lose many hours of work because adobe cant load the fonts. I can not sit every second day and reintall everything. I pay alot to adobe for license and it should just work! Very irritating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jonas30450304zjdu 

did you want help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see any solution on this here in support. Just workarounds. You have a solution on this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jonas30450304zjdu 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions work as of June 16, 2022, on macOS Monterey with a Mac Studio. Do not waste your time. It's bad enough that you'd have to go through all of this to begin with, but for non of it to work is truly irritating.

Uninstalling, Cleaning, Removing, or repairing was a complete bust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any sort of progress on a fix for this issue? Every week my Creative Cloud becomes stuck in a Loading Adobe Fonts cycle. I rely on some of those fonts for work and waste so much time trying to get it to become unstuck. I've tried a reinstall but it didn't work, but even if it did, I fail to see how reinstalling every week could be considered an acceptable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same sht different year.

Adobe what the f are you doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Adobe fonts management is absolute garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions worked for me (September 2023). I'm just resetting my PC, looks like the fastest solution than downloading again and again and again several "CC Cleaners" for the fifteenth time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most users reporting a resolution to this have reported finding a firewall or network block or hosts file issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines