• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving CS6 to a new laptop, validates serial, but can't sign in.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aodbe support sent me here as they "don't support that product anymore".

I downloaded the install file from my account and installed on a new laptop after deactivating the old install. When I try to sign in it gives me this error:

Try again later

For security reasons your access was temporarily disabled.
For more details contact Adobe Customer Support

Product shows in my account but no devices activated. (There are/were two, desktop and laptop. I assume there are now just one since I deactivated the older laptop. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users in a public forum can't help with an account problem... you are going to have to go back to chat and ask why your account is disabled

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat support person said that they could see my account and that there was nothing wrong, so it must be an app isssue. I can log in to my account fine and see that the product is there and registered.

These are the directions I followed to get in touch with the chat support person. (They worked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message.

Thanks for that heads up, is there a place to report these?

private message Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the 3 dots > report as inappropriate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever have anything adobe cc on the problematic computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is a new rebuild of windows 10. Are you suggesting the previous owner may have had something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>new rebuild of windows 10

Did you format the drive and do a fresh install of Win10?

If not, there MAY be parts of old programs left behind

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off-lease refurb from Dell Outlet. I would presume they reformat the drives. 

I will try that though. When I first installed it, they gave me 7 days to activate. My thought then was the old laptop was still activated so I made sure the deactivate button was not available and went on about my business. When I went back to it, I got the sign-in screen and the error.

Again, no active devices show up in my account, although my desktop is still activated and the old laptop no more.

At someone's suggestion, I uninstalled and reinstalled but no joy. I will run the cleaner and try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 days to activate cs6?

cs6 activation is required in 30 days.  cc trials are 7 days.

and no, it makes no difference how you install cs6.  if cc was installed and not completely removed, it (cc) will take over the cs6 licensing. imo, it behaves very badly.

uninstall cs6 (using the uninstaller), then run the cleaner.  and if you're prudent, look for cc licensing to remove before reinstalling cs6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "I will try that..." I meant the cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you run that cleaner read ALL the directions.  and while you're at it, check to see if those cc background processes are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign in is not requested (normally) when installing pre-subscription apps like cs6.

however, if anything cc was installed on that computer and not removed completely, being prompted to sign in is expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. See my above reply to John T.

Would it make a difference if it was installed from the download in my account or my original DVDs?

When a device is activated - or the software activated on a device - does it identify the device by hard drive/OS installation, or Hardware (i.e. CPU, Motherboard, network card, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Off-lease refurb from Dell Outlet. I would presume they reformat the drives. 

My general (could be wrong) knowledge is the kind of OEM Windows that the big companies install may use the license ONCE, so a reformat and install would require a new license

But... you need to ask Dell what they did, and how well the drive was wiped of all previous programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that Windows is a device license. With the install file on a USB, you are able to reset, refresh or restore Windows at anytime. Once installed it belongs to that machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dan4825 

there are incorrect statements in your last message, but i'm not sure they'll prevent you from successfully installing cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at allimpossible. Oversimplified late night thoughts.

Do you suggest that I select "All" when running the cleaner?

Choose from one of the following options to clean up :
1. All
2. Adobe Flash Player 10.2
3. CC Apps, Creative Cloud & CS6 Products
4. CC Apps
5. CC 2014 Apps only
6. Creative Cloud only
7. CS6 only
8. CS5-CS5.5-CS6
9. CS5-CS5.5
10. CS3, CS4
11. Adobe Id credentials
12. Fix Host File
13. Quit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, after properly uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt you're using an old system to run CS6.  However, your computer and browser must support  TLS 1.2 connections or higher for security reasons.  Maybe that's why you can't connect to Adobe's activation servers.   If you're on Win7, run the EasyFix.msi from Microsoft. See below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that old, both the old Laptop and my desktop are running W10 22H2 on i7 CPUs. Both are/were running CS6 quite happily. The new laptop is W11 ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To recap, I deactivated CS6 on the old laptop and installed on the new.

Serial# validated and I was given a 7 day trial. Have since learned this is is subscription behavior not CS6. I was asked to sign in to register the device. 

After signing in, I was told "For security reasons" I was blocked, and to contact support.

Support chat person said my account looks fine so it must be the app, which he can't support and sent me to the community.

Other notes.

CS6 shows in my acount products as Registered and setup file access is available.

Active Devices however is empty and says no active devices - (I have two, one of which I deactivated to install on the new laptop and my desktop which is still running.

After uninstalling and confirming no CC bits on the laptop I have reinstalled it.

Serial# validated as before and I am again being asked to sign in.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I was asked to sign in to register the device.

After signing in, I was told "For security reasons" I was blocked."

==========

Security implies you don't have TLS 1.2 connections support.  Update Windows to latest release version.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to put an end to the tls discussion:

test your default browser's tls using https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're going to need to clear out your the licensing data on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines