• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My creative cloud app wont install

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed instructions given on forum after members have complained of similar issues but to no avail. I have quit everything, logged out etc and but its almost like the app is on a constant loop with no result. I click download and it goes back to same page - click again and it may go to instructions on how but never begins.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

nicola, I experienced the same situation you did and only through much combing of the forums did I hit upon the direct link to the DMG download: http://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/14/osx10/AAMmetadataLS20/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

I never could get it to autoupdate but it installed when I did this.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt matter still os not a proper fix for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select your OS in msg 32, and you will be on your way to installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you going to be able to let us know when they've fixed this?  I can't download any of the apps because it says it needs to download the new Creative Cloud Desktop App which of course won't download, so I'm stuck without anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution that works for some on the Access Denied message is to clear the browser cache and creative.adobe.com cookie.

For Firefox

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored#w_delete-cookies-for-...

This worked for me

Testing in a different browser might also be an easy thing to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox on MacOS 10.7.5 : cleared cookies, reset cache, reload page, tried CreativeCloud and Bridge -- same result as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try downloading CC desktop app now and check. It should be fixed now. You should not get that Access Denied error any more.

In case you do, please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg file still does not work. When I select Download after selecting Creative Cloud it just opens a new tab. If I go to an application like Photoshop and select download it downloads the Application Manager Installer from February of this year. That is not right either. The problem is not fixed. The new installer still can not be downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem everyone is talking about here. I am on MAC OS X 10.8.4. Downloaded and attempted to install (5 times) the Creative Cloud update. Each time I got this message... "We've encountered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install."

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 5.39.46 PM.png

I tried most of what I read on the forums here with no luck.

I finally thought to restart in Safe Mode (restart and hold down Shift key until you see gray Apple logo). Once my system was back up I tried to install the Creative Cloud dmg file again. It worked! This time it went all the way through and I am currently updating all the apps.

I hope this is helpful to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!  Safe mode was the answer - I've been trying all day on MAC with uninstallers and cleaners etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading from the CreativeCloud page still loops creating new tabs.

Downloading from other app pages gets me AdobeApplicationManager, which then installs and updates into the CreativeCloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem with the Creative Cloud page creating new tabs to itself everytime I click the download button.

Also, when clicking download from the other apps, it allows me to download an installer but the install won't work because it says the following:

Then it kicks me to the CreativeCloud download page that loops to itself everytime you press the download button.

I'm running OSX 10.7.5, on a Mac Pro 1,1.  Do I need to uninstall CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the below version of AAM and then it will update you to Creative cloud desktop app and can inturn install the CC apps.

PC: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cs/win/ApplicationManager7.0_all.exe

MAC: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cs/mac/ApplicationManager7.0_all.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help. Progress bar goes to end and nothing happens. Ends up with no AAM installed in system. And no CC app. Sys: win7 64b.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any error? While downloading or installing AAM?

Try downloading the same using alternate browser and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That install does not work.  It still gives me this same error:

That happens when I try to open up Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 12.15.52 AM.png

This is the error that it gives me when I try to open up Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I cannot download Creative Cloud and have already gotten rid of the old app. I tried everything suggested on this page. No joy so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

walkhumblyfilms Could you try removing the Creative CLoud desktop app using this Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool and then login to creative.adobe.com and download the Creative Cloud desktop app and check.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

On MAC rename the below mentioned folders:

/Application/utilities/Adobe Application Manager/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

On Windows rename the below mentioned folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE (on 64 bit OS) or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE (on 32 bit OS)

C:\Users\(User_name)\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Creative Cloud member, and I've encountered many problems this morning to download and install the new CC apps, and I'm now stuck with installing the Creative Cloud desktop. Before that, here are the problems I've run into :

1. Adobe Application Manager won't update because of a network problem.

Solution : trying again.

2. Adobe Application Manager cannot update because of an error.

Solution : download the Application Manager from the Adobe website.

3. When I try to download and install a CC apps from creative.adobe.com, I get the AAM protocol not recognized.

Solution : delete the old Creative Cloud Connection and install the Adobe Application Manager again.

4. Finally and I don't know how, I managed to download the CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe file that apparently replace the old Application Manager. Unfortunately after trying to install, I get an error message "failed to install Creative Cloud desktop".

What should I (we) do, as I assume I'm not the only one with this issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mac OSX 10.8.4 and was getting exactly the same scenario as walkhumblyfilms.

I tried un-installing and re-installing AAM countless times. Still got errors and AAM was damaged and would not update itself to Creative Cloud.

In desperation, I eventually just found the Adobe Application Manager folder in Applications/Utilities — and physically trashed the complete folder!

Then I did a fresh installation of AAM 7.0 and finally that worked and it updated itself eventually to the new Creative Cloud app.

Finally — after fighting this snafu for about two hours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit,

Brilliant, thank you very much. This worked! I will try updating some of my other apps now.

Kind regards,

Gaby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run the cleaner tool after uninstalling the old Creative Cloud Desktop application, unfortunately I still get an error at the end of the Creative Cloud Desktop (it's in french) :

Failed.jpg

EDIT : I forgot to mention I'm running on Windows 7 64bit. I have the same issue as Kris_WCH in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try retrying the same as we just pushed few fixes from back end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit, not sure what you did on the back end but it works now, thanks for fixing it so quickly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tento, Glad to here that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines