• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My creative cloud app wont install

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed instructions given on forum after members have complained of similar issues but to no avail. I have quit everything, logged out etc and but its almost like the app is on a constant loop with no result. I click download and it goes back to same page - click again and it may go to instructions on how but never begins.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

nicola, I experienced the same situation you did and only through much combing of the forums did I hit upon the direct link to the DMG download: http://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/14/osx10/AAMmetadataLS20/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

I never could get it to autoupdate but it installed when I did this.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David_B, that's awesome! Glad to help. Always great when someone comes up with an easy solution and shares it. I know I appreciate it.

Peace.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a mac, restart in Safe Mode. Then install the Creative Cloud app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote before I am on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. But I'll try a safe mode restart and do the install once more. Will edit this post with the result once I'm back home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, Now I am home and FINALLLY I got it to start working. Now here's what I had to do.

1. I tried a simple re-install, clearing with the CC-cleaner, rebooting and then installing the CCapp. No result.

2. I tried booting in safe mode (again, I'm on win7 64bit... If you don't know, you get it to safe-mode by pressing F8 before the windows logo appears during bootup). I made sure to choose to start with networking loaded, because I have noticed that the installer does some downloading in the first half of the progress bar. Then I did the cleaning with the cleaner and did the install. It came almost all the way up to 100%. Then stopped suddenly and complained that I had some sort of adobe program running that it couldn't bypass.

Huh... that was weird, since, as I said before, I have uninstalled everything called adobe. But I thought there was this one thing that I haven't tried.

3. So I did the cleanser again, using the right-click to make sure it got admin priviliges. I went in and removed the OOBE folders both in programs(x86) and in the users folder. Then I did another install, again, using the right-click-for-admin method. The installation went all the way... AND I GOT THE CC-MANAGER WINDOW!!!

(this is when I usually post a video of a choir chanting Ode to Joy in german from youtube. But not quite yet. Because when I chose to install the apps it failed due to some weird reason that I can't remember)

4. But then I remembered that I was still in safe-mode. And safe-mode do do some strange things to some programs. So I rebooted to normal mode. Pressed the shiny little CC icon. Nothing happened. Cold sweat emerging. I'm so close!. I remembered that when I was in safe-mode I accidentally shifted the window-focus away from the CCmanager and then had to find it among the hidden icons by the clock on the task-bar.

Before my embarking on the perils of the safe mode method I had tried looking for an instance of the CCapp in that very place to no avail. But, I told myself. Things might be different now that I had used the safe mode to install. And Lo and Behold! There it was! Right-clicked on it. Opened as window... THERE IT IS! AND INSTALLING THE INDIVIDUAL APPS WORKS!!!

So, in short. If you have the same problem I have had. That nothing seems to happen. First check the hidden icons by the clock to the bottom right on the screen. Then, if that fails:

1. Try to reboot to safe-mode (press F8 before windows logo appears).
  2. Use the cleaning tool with right-click-admin.
  3. Delete the OOBE folders (or rename, if you want to)
  4. Do the install of the CCapp manager with right-click.
  5. Reboot to normal mode
  6. Start CCapp, check the hidden icons again if no window appears.
  7. Then rejoice.

And now. As I start to play with my new CC-apps and embark on the next step. Finding out how to migrate the plugins, if possible. I bid my farewell for now to this thread. And leave you with the voices of a choir of 10 000 asians performing the classic Ode An Die Freude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlQZyTF_LY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, apologies — I'm a bit aggravated. I've been troubleshooting and trying the suggested solutions listed here as well as in other areas of the support forums since last night. Nothing has worked to solve my issue.

I am running Mac OSX 10.8.4 (100% up to date), on a MacBook Pro. I meet all specification requirements for the latest release of Creative Cloud.

When I originally visited the app download center, I first tried to download the Creative Cloud desktop app. After clicking the download button, the AAM opened, but nothing else happened. It did not auto-update as it's meant to. I have tried downloading with Safari, Chrome and Firefox so far. Nothing. I've also cleared my cache and retried.

Still, the new CC apps were listed in the AAM for installation. So, I tried installing Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator. All of these apps downloaded/installed and seem to work just fine.

The issue is that the Creative Cloud desktop app will not install (or rather initiate the auto-update to AAM as it's supposed to).

I have tried renaming the OOBE folders as suggested. After doing so and restarting my machine, I visited the download link: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cs/mac/ApplicationManager7.0_all.dmg to try the direct download again. This does not work.

I'm currently at square one again and am simply waiting to find out if there is going to be some sort of update that Adobe is going to provide so users do not have to troubleshoot this issue as we've been trying to. I'm sure I'm not alone in that this is incredibly aggravating (especially since support reps keep asking us to try redownloading the same dmg with no results). Please provide a solution and let us know when it has been released. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicola, I experienced the same situation you did and only through much combing of the forums did I hit upon the direct link to the DMG download: http://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/14/osx10/AAMmetadataLS20/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

I never could get it to autoupdate but it installed when I did this.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taliesinangelus - You, my friend, are AWESOME! Thank you so much. It worked. I just wonder why support reps keep sending people to the AAM download to update when it's obviously not working! Why not supply users with the .dmg link you supplied me?

Again, thank you! I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, nicola.  I think Adobe needs to look into the automated upgrade process on OSX for Creative Cloud.  They should offer a direct link to the download if the automated process is failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taliesinangelus, Thank you! I was having exactly the same problem as nicola, right down to the Mac and system, and was completely stymied.

But now, thanks to you, I have the CC App up and running!

You rule!

Message was edited by: Robin-Wood to include taliesangelus' name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very glad it worked for you, Robin-Wood!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The direct link for the Adobe Application Manger is: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope Didn't work for me! Uninstalled ALL Adobe files and tried downloading on three different Browsers. Adobe.... sort your act out, this reminiscent of Quark 4. Look where they are now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

What exact problem did you have?  Did you get any messages, errors, or otherwise?

Have you tried the new Adobe CC 2014 direct download links? (the latest release for Windows or Mac)

Please be as specific as you can as to what happened for us to try to help – thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines