• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My creative cloud app wont install

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed instructions given on forum after members have complained of similar issues but to no avail. I have quit everything, logged out etc and but its almost like the app is on a constant loop with no result. I click download and it goes back to same page - click again and it may go to instructions on how but never begins.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

nicola, I experienced the same situation you did and only through much combing of the forums did I hit upon the direct link to the DMG download: http://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/14/osx10/AAMmetadataLS20/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

I never could get it to autoupdate but it installed when I did this.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on windows 7, having the same issues so i went to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Adobe and deleted the AAM folder and it worked first time! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Installer downloaded and installed correctly for me this morning. Thank you for fixing it. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared casch last night and it somewhat is normal now but nothing downloads I have waited for an hour just to DL PS and not even 1% has completed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this rate it will be three days before I can use it!!!!!!

Wanna know why everyone wants the disc?????

This would be one good reason!!!!!

jimiray wrote:

Cleared casch last night and it somewhat is normal now but nothing downloads I have waited for an hour just to DL PS and not even 1% has completed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the Creative Cloud desktop app using ACC cleaner.

The files that are mentioned I don't even have so can't rename them.

Running Mac OS X vers. 10.8.4

Have cleaned out the cache and cookies, have tried with Chrome, Safarai and Firefox. Even tried the tip about installing in Safe mode, but still ends up with error as posted in #74 by atomicmonk, i.e. We've encountered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install.

So what's next to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try resetting the permission on the below folder and then check :-

1) Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/

If this doesn't help then please share the PDApp.log that could be located in

~/library/logs/Adobe/Installers

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the folder that you are referring to, neither for the PDApp.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the OOBE folder at

Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>OOBE .

And the PDApp.log file is in the User Library.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the first folder now (it's hidden for some reson). That's good, but how do I reset the permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Click on the OOBE folder and then Select "Get Info"

In the Sharing permission section, have "Read and Write" permission set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done with the permisson! It was that way already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per my post of yesterday (68) I am experiencing the same problem as many others.

I am on a Windows 7 (64 bit) system and has been running the cs6 cloud version - and Lightroom 5 without problems until I attempted to update to cc.

Today I have cleaned the PC from everything Adobe related and finished by running the cleaner tool removing all leftovers exept for the Adobe ID credentials.

Then I once more tried to install the cc app - but it stopped the installation with the exact same failure to install message as yesterday.

I have opened the adobe setup error log and it says:Error OOBE - DE - 1488 - Cannot open mediadb, cf sreendump below. Any help on how to proceed would be much appreaciated.

2013-06-19_145724.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tool does not appear to provide an option to only uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop thing. I am really NOT going to uninstall the entire CS6 suite, because I have actual work to do. But I cannot update or install any CC apps, because Creative Cloud Desktop refuses to update/install due to this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option to only remove the Creative Cloud Desktop.

From the main menu go to  "3. Creative Cloud & CS6 Products". The first option in the submenu should be the one to remove the Creative Cloud Desktop only.

I recommend contacting chat support if you cannot get it to work. I spent 3 days browsing the forum trying to solve installation issues myself but did not find a solution. After contacting chat support we got it running in half an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kris_WCH,

Thanks, I did go that route. I had already uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktop via WIndows Control Panel, per directions in the cleaner tool. So Creative Cloud Desktop does not appear in that list. I did manage to find the Adobe Application Manager installer, and installed that. Now, however, Creative Cloud Desktop continues to refuse to install. I click the Download button, and Application Manager opens, but nothing happens after that. And Creative Cloud Desktop is NOT an option within Application Manager.

Adobe's upgrade process is one of the most frustrating processes in the computer world. The software is great and beautiful, when it's installed, but upgrading from one version to the next is an exercise in self-mutilation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mvanec,

Your problem sound a lot like the problems I was experiencing. I recommend contacting chat support and making clear that you unsuccessfully tried the default solution in this forums (uninstall AAM -> run Adobe CC Cleaner -> rename the OOBE folder -> install AAM again).

Following the recommended solution I was able to install AAM7 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773) again. I still wasn't able to install any CC software though.

That's when I contacted chat support. They had me change permissions on a bunch of Adobe folders, rename some more folders and in the end it worked. I was able to install CC applications through AAM7.

Of course none of this should have been necessary from the start, but it's working now and that's fine with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happened to me. I ended up installing the old (february?) version of AAM by trying the AE download link just now. It then updated to the Creative Cloud app. Is there any detriment to doing it this way around?

I've installed a few CC apps and everything *seems* ok. The CC desktop app is installed too, obviously. However, AAM seems to be running too, and both are saying updates are available. I assume I can quit AAM and never need it again now that CC app handles the updates right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a years subscription so have a compleatly clean start on installing Adobe Cloud stuff. Have been having the same issue as in previous posters.  Just tried again and the creative cloud app downloaded, installed and is working just fine.

I'm using lastest version of Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I am not impressed with how this is being handled. The Creative Cloud product page now downloads a file, but again, it is the Februaury 18th installer. Why is there no updated installer available? Why were there links to a CreativeCloudInstaller file that never worked? Does that installer exist? Are you only able to install through an update to the old installer? If so, was the download of the new installer intentionally blocked because there was a bug in the it or is it simply that you can't figure out how to properly setup permissions on your web server to give access to the new installer? A bit better communication about why you are pointing people to an installer through the Download Center that is not even the most recent pre CC installer would be appreciated. At the moment I am putting off installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fleet117 we are applying a fix on the backend which should resolve the Access Denied error.  If you are unable to install the Adobe Application Manager then please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187315.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download it, but not run it. it is a dmg file. any idea how to get it going?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.dmg files are for Macs. If you have a Mac you just double-click it. If you're on Windows, you'll need to go back and download the .exe version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue no matter whaat I am using!

Wont work on Firefox or IE

Contacted someone on the phone and they have no idea what I am talking about!

Someone from India that has no idea what is going on and thinks I can't login???????

DUH!

Told me to clear my History BS! That has nothing to do with it!

This is why people want to have the hard disc in their hands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do have some CC apps showing up in the application manager and others are not? I no longer see the options for AE or Premiere Pro but Photoshop is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines