• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CC App downloads using CC desktop hang up - tried everything

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download installation of all 2020 CC app upgrades using the CC desktop hang up, typically at 20% to 40%, including CC desktop, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Camera Raw and Bridge. To get new version of CC desktop, Adobe support did a direct downloaded of ACCCx5_0_0_354. But all attempts to download/install CC apps hung up with this CC desktop, including updates to this CC desktop. I've tried disabling firewall and virus app, running PC under safe mode, running from a different network using my iPhone's local hotspot, removing all CC apps using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool, and changing the proxy settings - nothing helps and new CC upgrades all hang-up. However direct download of the 2019 CC apps did work, but these are not even current versions of the apps. For example, the 2019 Lightroom direct download is ver 8.0, which does not have some important features of the last version I had been using, 8.3.1.  I have this same problem on both of the computers on which I have Photoshop and Lightroom Classic, so it appears not to be a problem related to a specific computer. Both computers are running Windows 10 with all the latest Windows upgrades. What else can I try?

PS – Adobe support has not been helpful – all they did is the same things that haven’t work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Get Started forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this "Get Started"? I've been using PS and LR for many years and I'm a certified Adobe Photoshop Lightroom expert, as well as being very knowageable about computers. From what I've found on the web, this problem has occured many times in the past, so it's not new - it's just new to me. Since the same problem happens in an identical way on both of my computers, it seems to me that this is a problem with Adobe's CC Desktop software - a simple "solution" would be for Adobe to make the direct download versions of these new LR and PS apps available, as they  have for the older versions. That way we wouldn't have to depend on the obviously defective CC desktop app for upgrading our CC apps. When will Adobe do that? So, this is hardly a "Get Started" issue, which I see as a forum to help people just getting started with Adobe CC app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community Help is for help using the new forum platform, so posting there won't be much use to you. Usually we advise you post to the forum associated with the product you are having issues with, but  there is no forum that addresses CC and the CC desktop. Get Started is what's left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me, I uninstalled CC application but now, impossible to reinstall it...

HELP !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing - older versions of the CC apps are available for direct download, not via the CC desktop, at  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html. 

This got me back up and running, but with older versions of PS and LR that are missing some of the features that were in the most recent versions be fore this latest upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´ve got the same problems, and the older versions already are that old that not even the .CR3 files of the newer Canon cameras are supported. Again, I tried to update Creative Cloud to version 5, but it just stops at 42%. 

Does anybody know if there will be any solution shortly? Contacting the Adobe support team will not be really useful, I´m afraid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a previous post, I listed all of the things I tried, but still downloading/installing CC apps using the CC desktop haung up, and Adobe tech support hasn't helped - since the direct downloads worked, whenwill the new versions of Photoshop (Photoshop 2020) and lightroom classic (classiv version 9) be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RBS29, I merged your discussion since they are related to the same topic.

If you have a Creative Cloud Individual plan, then we would recommend resolving the errors that are forcing you to rely on direct downloads of Creative Cloud applications.  You can find information on how to review and interpret the installation logs at  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.  Once you have identified the error, you will then be able to take corrective action to resolve the error.

If you would like assistance with this process, then please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  Also, once the CC 2020 applications are available, via direct download, they will be provided by contacting our support team directly to obtain access to the necessary files.

If you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership, then there is no need to use the installation files that are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html.  Both memberships include the ability to create and deploy the installation files over your organization's network. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, but that's not very helpful. I ran the CC Desktop to update PS and LR twice each, each time writing to a separate install log. The problem is that the download/installation just hangs up, probably waiting for something, and NO error messages are issued. I've let the download/installations run overnight, many hours after it appears to have hung up. One indication that it's hung up is that with CC desktop the only thing running on my computer, monitoring the eathernet activity via the Task Manager/Performance, there is no ethernet activity once the CC desktop hangs up (and the % completed dosn't change after that). Interestingly, the install logs show that the last action (before I terminated the download/install) is the same for each attempt to downlaod/install LR and the same for each PS attempt, but the LR and PS last actions are not the same. For LR, the last action listed in the install log is "[INFO] | 10820 | HDSetup | HDPIM | DownloadManager | | HDPIM | 7792 | Changing thread count to 40 for LTRM". For PS, the last action shown in the install log is "[INFO] | 6556 | HDSetup | HDPIM | TaskManager | | HDPIM | 8972 | Completed 'EXTRACT' task for Package (Name: AdobeCameraRaw8.0All Version: 12.0.0.67), Time taken '1' sec". As far as directly contacting the support team, they've been less than helpful - I've had 4 different sessions with them, and I've given them the long list of all the things that have  been tried and failed, e.g., disabling the firewall, etc, and all they've done is take over my computer, do exactly the same things that has already been tried and failed, and the last time the support person did that, he started a download/installation and then immediately terminated the help session, not even waiting to see if it would work. In none of the help sessions did the support person look at the install logs to see what errors may have occured (but, of course, no errors had been issued anyway). So, is the a different and much more knowledgable support team or person who I can contact who might do more than just read from a script?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing - you said "once the CC 2020 applications are available, via direct download, they will be provided by contacting our support team directly to obtain access to the necessary files."  How do I know, or find out when the CC2020 direct download versions become available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

to be able to edit the raw files from my Canon cameras (EOS RP / EOS 90D, both with .CR3-files) I really need the Lightroom Version 8.3.1. As RBS29 mentioned, the version you can download directly is version 8.0, which doesn´t support the .CR3-files. Is there any possibility to find a direct download for LR version 8.3.1? The other alternative were to completely give up on Adobe, and try something new, like Capture One. I surely wouldn´t want that, but I really need a raw converter that is able to edit my .CR3-files!

I would greatly appreciate a really quick answer, as I am currently preparing an exhibition, where I still need to prepare some photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to using new raw camera file type that are not supported by older versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw is to download the free DNG converter from Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html. This is a direct download that doesn't use the CC desktop to download and install and it's kept up to date with new camera raw file types.  You use it to convert your raw files to DNG files, which are then readable by all previous versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw. It's not a great solution because it adds an extra step in your process flow, but it's a way to use new raw types with older LR versions. Of course, a much better solution would be for Adobe to make the latest versions of the CC apps available for direct download as soon as the new versions are announced so you don't have to depend on the obviously defective CC desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent approx total 10-12 hrs with them since september, there is nothing to do now. The work have to be done by the engineering dept. I spent 3 hrs thursday, with no result, now I have all the recent versions of Photoshop 2020 V21, Lightroom, Camera Raw V12 and Bridge V10 , and now I decided to wait. Here is a descrption of the issue from a Adobe technician: 

Engineering is working constantly on  this issue since it was reported.  As I mentioned earlier, this is due to some left over files of 32 bit version of creative cloud application on the machine which are causing problem. A workaround which worked for some users is to manually remove everything related to creative cloud  and reinstall the latest version of application, which is a time consuming process.
After this, I still cant update with Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a lot more that 10-12 hours both with Adobe tech support and on my own trying to resolve this problem, Removing everything related to CC is one of the things I tried several times to no avail - the problem then with reloading the CC apps is that the versions available from the direct download 2019 site are all old versions, and not even the most recent of the 2019 versions. I'm reluctant to totally giveup on Lightroom and Photoshop since I teach workshops about these apps, but I'm seriously considering moving to one of the increasingly capable alternatives. So, I'll give up trying for now, but how will we know when Adobe really fixes this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent a lot of time on my own to. 10 to 12 hrs are only the hours I spend with Adobe Tech. Call them and ask to have the direct link of the lattest version of those applications.

I will follow them by email and I will come back with informations on my subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines