• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new PC (Photoshop Elements 12 serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers)

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did deactivate Photoshop Element 14 on my old computer.

But my new PC did not accept my license number

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase from Adobe or a third-party retailer?

What message did you get when you entered the license number?  A screenshot would be helpful but don't include any personal information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it from Adobe.. See attachment for the message I get. I deactivated the earlier PCAdobe message Print screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please translate that error message for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This serial number is already in use fort he maximum numbers of allowed computers. You have to deactivate an ather computer or to write an other serial number. Then you can use this product again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it installed on any other computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only on my last PC.  And there I deactivated the program. May be the problem was my e-mai address now.

It is now [deleted by moderator]

When I ordered it, it was [deleted by moderator]

But that e-mailaddress does not exist any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wim37661369wn2n, the problem is almost certainly related to the fact that you registered the program under a different email account address.

I am going to ping @Jeff A Wright, an Adobe employee who may be able to sort it out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thnk you. It is right that I bought it with an other e-mail address.
Thank you for helping me.

Kind regards,

Wim Daems
Amsterdam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S. thanks for pinging me. Sorry, I try to respond as soon as I can.

@Wim37661369wn2n , the error message indicates that you have exceeded the number of allowable activations for Photoshop Elements 12. You stated you used the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html to deactivate the previous installation, but it may not have registered if the computer could not reach our servers.

I don't see any software titles registered under the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, so I can't confirm if a deactivation was logged or not.

No one can increase the activation count, so I would recommend you try the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html again and make sure the computer operating system is up to date and able to contact our servers. You can find more information on the requirements at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html.

Please also bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html for information on how to allow the previous computer to contact our servers. Host files often have entries that can prevent the computer from reaching our servers and completing the activation or deactivation process.

Please update this public forum discussion; if you have any questions, @Wim37661369wn2n .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wim37661369wn2n I checked the license for Photoshop Elements 14 under your other account, and you have activations remaining. Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html for information on locating the serial numbers under your other account.

There are still several reasons that the new installation can state that the amount of allowable activations has been exceeded. The most common is when critical licensing and activation files are transferred from one computer to another. When this happens, it can cause the software to trigger a message that the activations have been exceeded. To correct this, please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html and use the Clean All option, @Wim37661369wn2n .  This will remove any Adobe software and attempt to remove any other critical files that can prevent the software from opening and activating.

If you need a fresh copy of the installation files, then see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/download-non-subscription-adobe-software... for instructions on how to download the files from your account, @Wim37661369wn2n .

If you no longer have access to the previous account, see https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-or-reset-password.html for steps to reset the password and regain access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to tell you that i did everything what was needed. On my old PC I deactvated the program and I do not have the PC any more. If I try a new installation, I get evry time the meessage that the numers are in use and also the a-mail address. Should it help if I send you a copy of thge official invoice of PSE14 I bought it in 2016?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wim37661369wn2n, if you remember the password to your old email account, you can sign into it.  The email address is simply the user name.  However, if you don't remember the password, you will not be able to reset it since that address is no longer active.

@Jeff A Wright: Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Als ik mijn oude e-mailadres invoer, staat er: dit is al in gebruik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the links I got, do not give me a solution. Every time I come again on a site where I read that my installation number is already in use. I had PhotoShopElements 14. I read that Adobe found a new way for installing alder versions on a new computer after deactivating the older one. I do not believe it any more and I think I will download PhotoPad now.

Sorry to say good bye to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright , the user posted both of his emails in a prior post and they were removed by a moderator.  I don't know if you have access to the removed information.  If not, perhaps you can PM the user to find out what email he used to register the program.  (And since you alway promptly respond to my pings, and I have been sending you a lot lately, I just thought this may have been overlooked.  😇)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all mods+ have access to those emails.  it's the op's 4th message > view history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to whoever removed the personal information, I am unable to see what was posted previously @Greg_S. 

@Wim37661369wn2n will receive a message if they can complete the deactivation successfully as described in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html.

Please feel free to keep tagging me @Greg_S. and @Peru Bob . I will still respond when I can. You can also move these discussions to the Download and Install Community.  The Adobe staff in this community are knowledgeable about our activation processes and how to troubleshoot any errors that can occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright 

you can't view the op's 4th message > view history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright 

I am the moderator that removed the email addresses.

I sent you a PM with the text from More > View history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Peru Bob, Please keep up the great work of protecting people from giving out personal information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines