• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, CC now looks like this:

Screenshot - 2013-10-18 , 17_42_23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same difficulty and discovered, inadvertently, that it appears to be an Internet Explorer problem.  I navigated to the Creative Cloud Download site with Google Chrome and installed it from there, and it works now just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue since installing windows 8.1...

Have tried alternative browsers (Chrome & Firefox) , uninstalling and reinstalling CC and its still broken!

Have tried editing IE settings and it seems even this change isnt helping fix the problem.

cloudisbroken.png

Really losing faith with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done another search of the forums, this seems to have been an ongoing bug since September (so since the early dev builds of Windows Blue (8.1) .)

Wonderful.

Have contacted Live Chat and my case has been esclated to Level 2 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issue here, not too clever, hoping it's resolved ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised this initally and sveral months on no answers. I thought it may have been to do with the 8.1 preview relase but isn;t.

Adobe when are you going to sort this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give everyone an update. Not herd back from Adobe Technical support on the 2nd level. (I guess my case wasnt refered to that team, after spending 4+ hours of trying to repair the app the tech couldnt find any way of resolving the issue thought troubleshooting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to cancel my subscription with Adobe as this error was the last straw.

1. Adobe failed to provide protection of data for customers billing details.
  2. Adobe has failed to provide updates about there site and service when it has been down/offline.
  3. Adobe has failed to provide support for this issue at higher levels of support and isnt willing to fix this bug.

I have been a customer of Adobe Systems for 9 years now and I think its time for me to move on. The creative cloud is a great idea but if the software isnt supported what hope do we have of getting it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least I am not the only one, was about to capture a screenshot and post - but thanks to the OP for doing so.  Same issue here on Windows 8.1.  This needs fixing Adobe please, on top of the Help bug in Photoshop this is low standards from a top tier developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yip. I have the exact same problem since installing 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more to add to the list - same problem for me with Win 8.1 Pro 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. App menu does not display correctly since 8.1 update as per OP screen grab.

Anyone at Adobe? ....Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. and Photoshop CC isn't working on Windows 8.1. It hangs on the File -> Open dialog. Anyone at Adobe reading these threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps CC is working fine my side. It is possible you are having a specific issue with yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing the issue with panels appearing blank or with missing text could you post the type of videocard you have and the driver version?

Does turning visual effects off (or set to Adjust for best performance) make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on both my pc's. The one has a Nvidia 550m. The other an Amd 6800hd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  Gigabyte Geforce 760 (Windforce OC Version) with the latest Nvidia 331.58 drivers here.  It isn't just the settings drop down that is affected for me.  Also the right click menu, and when I open up CC I have to hover over the input boxes (or any content) to make it appear.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GTS250 latest drivers Nvidia 331.58.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just using a intel onboard chipset HD3000

No success with turning off visuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info guys, another question. Are you using the final release of Windows 8.1? Could you post the build number to confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest official version on both my machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem solved (sort of), see 1. above. Did the following:

Uninstalled CC desktop

Removed all Add-ons in IE

Uninstalled Java

Updated AMD Catalyst Control Center  (v. 2013.0830.1944.33589) which updated graphics drivers (v. 13.152.1.1-130910a-162613E-ATI )

Reinstalled CC desktop

What of the above actually did the trick I don't know

Windows 8.1  Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Video card Radon HD 5850

Two more observations:

Had turned 'Enable Protected Mode' off' in IE, turned it back on to day as this made no difference.

Download of CreativeCloudSet-Up was quick, but installation was extremely slow. The last 10% of green bar took at least 30min. Task Manager showed 'Creative Cloud Set-Up (32bit)' loaded but showed no activity.  Finally, after a few attempts it eventually closed and worked.

A third observation:

Although the app now starts and show me my installed programs, the upper right menu does not work, only shows three items. No item for Exit or Close. In fact the app cannot be completely closed from the taskbar or menu, only by ending it in Task Manager.

Message was edited by: orogne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm using 8.1 (build 9600) with a GTX 670 (driver version 331.58). I did not use any preview or beta version on this machine. Weirdly, this morning I could only read the lines Manage Typekit Fonts and View Your Updates & Requests. All lines below it were blank. But, I switched to Best Performance and the lines Creative Cloud Files and Go to CreativeCloud.com appeared above Manage Typekit Fonts. I then switched to best appearance and the two "extra" lines remained. So, I can see four lines, but that's it. Not a critical issue, but it's always nice when things look and work as the should! (Yes, I closed and reopened the app each time after switching settings. And if it is a factor, my CPU is an AMD.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this Creative Cloud app bug where the menu is not working correctly. The bug is in Adobe Creative Cloud version 2.1.2.232. I am using the final version of Windows 8.1. The video driver is "Microsoft Hyper-V Video" version dated 06/21/2006. This is the same video driver I use with my other Windows 7 machine, and the Windows 7 machine populates the menu as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines