Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 update not possible

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After offline activation (no online activation possible) PS CS6 cannot be updated. Consultants say Adobe has discontinued support for CS6, so no 13.0 updates are available anymore.

Has anyone recently managed to update PS CS6 to a version higher than 13.0?

Regards
Robert

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

There you'll find direct download links for all CS6 application.

I've not tested it yet, but I think all links including the latest available version.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel
The thread was set up to determine whether Adobe has stopped accessing the existing CS6 updates, or whether only I am blocked from updating from version 13.0 to a higher one. The link you sent leads to the boxed version of the software, which is 13.0. This version was sent to me by a consultant so that I don't have to use the DVD.
Where to get a version higher than 13.0 (eg 13.0.7) is a matter for another thread. Let's not mix up the topics. Nevertheless, thank you for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Adobe removed the Creative Suite updates when CS was discontinued. 

Assuming your OS and browser can support TLS 1.2 connections (necessary to connect to Adobe's servers), 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Updates were once available from CS6's Help Menu. Have you tried it?

Failing that, I think it's a lost cause.  Adobe doesn't support Creative Suite anymore.  And CS6 is more than a decade old.

If you want software updates, you need to buy current PS Elements or subscribe to Creative Cloud.

Photoshop Elements

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perpetual license for CS6 and want to continue using my legal copy of the software. Cutting off users from existing updates, even more so without prior notification, makes it much more difficult to use the software and, in my opinion, is inconsistent with the license acquired (section 2.1.1 in the Polish version). The inability to update to version 13.0.7 causes the image to be blurry (no support for high resolution monitors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ftp://ftp.adobe.com >pub>adobe>ps>your os>cs6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert26515915t4pl,

Sorry but 12 year old CS6 was never Hi-DPI aware, even with updates. 🙄

You are not asking for an update, you're looking for a free upgrade to new software.  That will never happen. 

New equipment requires new software. You can't have it both ways.  Either revert to old equipment that's compatible with old software.  Or buy new software.  The choice is yours.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac side, the photoshop cs6 13.0.4 update added Retina display support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea
Why are you writing untruths and misleading people? Of course Ps CS6 supports HiDPI. Thanks to Jeff Arola's help I downloaded the update file to CS6 v.13.0.6 and I have HiDPI support again. As proof, I paste 2 screenprints from my MBP 15" Retina. As you can see the image is blurry in version 13.0 and sharp in version 13.0.6.

Screen CS6 v. 13.0 on RETINA 15_.png

Screen CS6 v. 13.0.6 on RETINA 15_.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't own a Mac. On Windows, it was never Hi-DPI aware. 

That said, it's been 12 years since CS6 was relevant.  It's not something I could use anymore even if I wanted to.

Goodbye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can get cs6 updates from adobe's ftp site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need version 13.0.7 for Mac. If you claim that this version is available on the Adobe server please provide a working link to this version (or higher). Please also do not write unverified information, that does not help to clarify the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is partialy solved. If you can not update your Ps CS6 v. 13.0 using standard procedure, than go to Adobe ftp, download a proper file with an upgrade and upgrade CS6 from this file. How to do this is explained by Jeff in another topic and by kglad in this topic.I used Jeff's tips because he was the first to pass them on to me in another thread. They differ in that we enter the Adobe ftp server as a guest. Thank you Jeff and thank you kglad for your help.

Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 08.53.31.png

I can't copy the link, but topic is named "Photoshop CS6 looks pixelated on Mac Retina screen"

It is interesting that 5 Adobe hotline consultants did not point to this simple method. Everyone said it was no longer possible to upgrade Ps CS6 v. 13.0 to higher versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. i don't 13.0.7 available, though

kglad_0-1667663514973.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.7 doesn't exist for Mac perpetual licenses.  13.0.6 is the highest available for Mac perpetual.  The Photoshop CS6 Creative Cloud version was patched beyond that up to 13.1.2. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/legacy-version-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's sort of interesting that cc subscribers got a later cs6 update than perpetually licensed owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's sort of interesting that cc subscribers got a later cs6 update than perpetually licensed owners.

By @kglad

===========

Just one of the many perks we got as CC subscribers.   🙂

Of course CS6 is so old now, I could never go back to it. Nowadays, PS Elements can do more than CS6 could.   I don't think anyone should be using obsolete software, not when there are so many other options available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had version 13.0.7, it was available through Creative Cloud. 

I have upgrade file for CS6 v. 13.0.6 from Adobe ftp, that solve my problem with HiDPI display. 

I set up this thread to get feedback from other users if they currently have a problem updating CS6 v. 13.0 to any higher version, by standard method.
I am asking for an answer to this question.
5 conversations with different Adobe consultants did not solve this problem. Only on another thread the user of CS6 - Jeff gave me a link to the Adobe server from where I downloaded the update file to version 13.0.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had version 13.0.7, it was available through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines