• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall Lightroom CC (2015 ) and Photoshop CC 18.1.7

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rebuilding my MacBook Pro 17" mid 2009 , running El Capitan , the highest OS supported since the original internal hard drive died and I have now put in a SSD . I previously had Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC installed , both still working on my MacPro and same versions , but Adobe no longer support these versions . I'm a retired photographer , have been an Adobe customer since early 1980s and have spent a lot of money with them , but can no longer justify more than the £10/month subscription . I have downloaded , from 3rd party sites Photoshop CC 2017 and LR6/cc but these are as trial versions , even though I have signed in to my Adobe account and it is recognised . How can I reactivate these pieces of software , which were previously working and I am still paying for ? Upgrading my laptop is not a justifiable option since my photography is now just a hobby .

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From which 3rd party site did you download?

Does your old Mac support TLS 1.2 secure connections?  See below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Keeping in mind that Creative Cloud no longer works with El Capitan, Adobe expects users to have latest OS no more than 2 versions back.  Apple has shipped out 6 OS upgrades since El Capitan. Most recetly Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur & Monterey.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra and High Sierra before Mojave as well.

OP, El Cap is WAY out of support and not safe to use online. Just an FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloads were from Pro Design Tools website , who still have the links to download installers for many earlier versions of Adobe software . I'm currently downloading Microsoft Edge browser to see if that works better than the Safari browser which is again an older version . CC was certainly working fine on this machine running El Capitan ( the highest OS supported ) until the hard drive failure , and is still working on my MacPro , of similar age - regularly offering artwork and other extras , which I seldom bother with . I'm certainly not spending thousands on new computers I don't need when these ones are still more than adequate for my needs . I have also downloaded , installed and signed into the Creative Cloud app and my account on this computer , which further suggests that CC is working , it just won't register the two installed apps , which do both open and work on a trial basis .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The elephant in the room is Creative Cloud Desktop App which manages your subscription and other CC apps. It DOES NOT work with El Capitan.  You may not think you need to upgrade but until you do, there is an insurmountable  disconnect between your hardware and the software you're trying to use. 

I have no solution because your equipment is ancient by today's standards.  

Feel free to contact Adobe Support.  Maybe they can help you, maybe not.  That's all I can suggest at this point.  Good luck!

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certainly not spending thousands on new computers... 

By @derekheeps

=========

Nor do you need to.  An affordable Windows laptop costs well below $700 which is all you need to run Creative Cloud, Photoshop & Lightroom Classic.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i5-1135G7-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B081FDK94Y/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_...

Best of all, you'll extricate yourself from the wrath of Apple's costly ecosystem that demands equipment upgrades, upgrades, upgrades.  🙂

System Requirements:

Something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No hating on Apple! Let's not repeat tired old tropes about how expensive Macs are, since they are actually quite a bit cheaper if you get equal performance and longevity.

I just picked up a refurb M1 Mac mini direct from Apple for US$800, that will run rings around any $700 Windows laptop. And you don't have to use Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just picked up a refurb M1 Mac mini direct from Apple for US$800, that will run rings around any $700 Windows laptop.

By @Lumigraphics

==========

Until it doesn't. 😉 

Look, I'm not to dissing Mac equipment.  I'm dissing the Apple ecosystem.  Their OS offers no backwards compatibility for older software.  And users are expected to upgrade to keep pace with new OSs releasing every year.  In the long run, Apple's ecosystem costs more to support than Microsoft's does. 

This is not a debate about which is better.  It's a statement of fact about which costs more.  For seniors on fixed incomes, that's a genuine concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you have a lot of certainty but little data to support your claim. Windows costs WAY more to support, the first time those senior citizens get a virus and have to pay for someone to rebuild their computer.

Quit with the bad information. You might be an experienced designer but I'm an experienced tech who knows firsthand about support costs and requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I suggest we end this discussion here, this is not the place for platform advocacy which can get ugly in a hurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines