• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

serial number you entered is valid but a qualifying product cannot be found on this computer

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to install Creative Suite 5 Design Premium to a new imac, after entering the serial number, i got this error message.  the dropped down box doesn't show CS5 so i cannot select the product.

I have the original disc and product serial number, however, the new imac doesn't have a DVD drive, so i have create ISO files of the disc and install it via USB.

Does any one encounter this issue before, please help. I've tried adobe support but got a message saying there is no phone support for this software

Thanks & Regard

Man

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

When you get that message it means you are installing an upgrade version of CS5 and that you need to identify the older version that qualifies you to use the upgrade and to supply its serial number also as proof that you own the older version.  In the drop down you mention you would select the older version and then enter its serial number.

Also see:

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" | CS6, CS5.5, CS5

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-qualifying-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get that message it means you are installing an upgrade version of CS5 and that you need to identify the older version that qualifies you to use the upgrade and to supply its serial number also as proof that you own the older version.  In the drop down you mention you would select the older version and then enter its serial number.

Also see:

Error "This serial number is not for a qualifying product" | CS6, CS5.5, CS5

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-qualifying-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue all of a sudden! Windows 10 running CS5.x upgrade from CS3, which was upgrade from CS2. I have tried giving all of the old serial numbers to show I have the previous version but it just loops back to the first screen asking for the cs5 serial number. Help! I need to use the software I paid good money for, and Adobe doesn't provide phone support after paying thousands!!! Horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the way, for me too. Now I have to kep my 12 years old pc running as this happens when putting photosop to new one..Lisbeth Adobe is not a nice lady...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when installing an upgrade from a previous version, you'll ve prompted for the upgrade's serial number.  

if the previous version is not installed, you will then be prompted for the previous version's serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation should proceed with one caveat: if any serial number is for ca2, cs3 or cs4, you may be stuck because those activation servers are no longer functioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! Lisbeth thinks go away awful paid customers, we have not those servers on! Your bad you bought from us! We do not like you anymore! Go elsewehere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vesa27429833fny8 

what are you trying to install?

what os version is on your new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5 -and that CS3 is the one serial Adobe wants to see, but not like it.

I do not get the great idea of my os version, but here it is:

Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2311) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cs 3 activation servers aren't working so that cs 3 serial number can't be verified.

ie, keep that old computer running if you want to use your cs 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesyes, I did say that in the first place. Ugly business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the crooks are here againg too ;-D

"Subject: Re: serial number you entered is valid but a quali...
Date: Dec 05, 2022 01:45 AM

Welcome to Adobe Support Community

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeHelp.Care@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

scammers abound.

if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines