• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to register Cs6 Premium with serial but prompts for offline activation only valid 7 days

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to install CS6 Premium on my Mac running High Sierra. When prompted to enter the serial number from my account but afterwards it states that my computer is off line or something similar. The only option available is to install with a 7 day time limit to authorize. My computer is connected and there are no Firewall settings present preventing connections of that type. Why won't it accept my serial number? 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, after I click connect later it gives me 7 days to use the software. During that phase, the installer stops about 80% through prompting me to close "SafariBookmarksS" - I don't use safari as my browser and all applications were closed. I even closed Chrome in the middle of my inquiry hoping that it would continue to no avail.

Some applications installed but I am prompted to sign in for a trial period in order to use them. I purchased CS5 Web and Design Premium on disk and upgraded to CS6 a few months later. This is the only machine that it has ever been installed on. I am reinstalling due to a hard reset. 

I've included all applicable screenshots. How can I access my product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 products are not suppoerted on High Sierra. So many of the Creative Suite installers may not function normally.

Please see here: Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), and macOS 10.14 (Mojav...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel, thank you for the response! This doesn't fully resolve my issue but sheds some light on the "SafariBookmarksS" error. There was one application within the suite that prompted that error during installation. All others installed just fine, plus I came across that tread you suggested prior to leaving my inquiry. My issue is with activation with a valid serial number, as I clearly stated above. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see also here: Gelöst: CS6 Serial number not valid - Adobe Support Community - 8213077

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Axel! When I inquired about this issue I was advised through chat support to refer to of the posts that you've recommended so far, to no avail.

My serial is expired! It was actually supplied by an Adobe tech who had to access my machine remotely in order to activate it when I upgraded to CS6. The new serial (the one that's on file in my account) came directly from Adobe. Therefore, it isn't invalid, it's simply expired.

An Adobe rep has sent me a a private email with instructions to escalate the matter further😉.

Give me a little credit, this forum has a pretty good database to search through with similar but not exact issues.

The post you recommended is years old and my inquiry is a bit different with a different resolution. I'm not having installation or compatibility issues. As aforementioned, my serial has been revoked or expired.

There's no workaround listed for this particular issue and should explain the private message and number given to call support for further guidance. The resolution may will require either a voucher of some sort or hopefully a much cheaper none trial based purchase of an updated version altogether.

Authorization is what I need help with and I apologize for the confusion. Most importantly, thanks again Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... a member from Adobe reached out via email and closed my 45 minutes later. I never had a chance (within 45 minutes or so) to respond to the email. Wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't an Adobe Member!- The sender email address was a gmail account- NOT Adobe!. Be wary of scammers.

I do not know about CS6 being compatible with MacOS.

Registering the Perpetual CS versions with a Serial Number is difficult if you installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. It is this App that is possibly suggesting a Trial.

Also is your TLS version compliant?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thank you for letting me know. To answer your question, no I don't have the Adobe Cloud app installed on my computer.

It asks for a serial number and I enter it. Afterwards it says that my computer isn't connected to the internet. That's a whole other issue altogether. 

I've done some extensive research and can see this may be a loss on my part. I don't believe I'll be able to access my product any more. Do you know of any alternatives to Indesign and Photoshop? 

It appears that so many people are dissatisfied with how the end of life clause rendered a very expensive suite obsolete with no perpetual licensing available. I know Apple played a role in it but we, the paying customers are who it affected the most. 

This program was entirely too expensive to just write off as a loss. I'm very disappointed in Adobe. Hopefully an equal or better rival will eventually provide us the resolve we need. 

Thanks for your input and have a great week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that High Sierra is no longer supported by Apple and is NOT getting security updates. Best advice is to upgrade to at least Catalina or to look into getting a newer computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines