• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find and install Adobe illustrator version 25.4.1 (and in any case 25.x.x)

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody
I need some help pretty urgently.
I uninstalled Illustrator version 25.4.1 (or 25.x.x...) because it gave me errors with the plugin "DxfDwgFileFormat.aip" (Export to DWG option missing).
I then wanted to restore and reinstall it, but it is no longer visible among previous available versions and I cannot update my macOS (currently Mojave 10.14.6).

Why can't I find it anymore in the previous available versions of the CreativeCloud App? I have a regular subscription... How can I fix it?

This link didn't help:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Thank you all in advance!!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

you can get v25.0.  getting any other v25.xx version is the iffy/tricky part.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's no longer available anywhere.  even if you found a neighbor with that exact version they wouldn't be able to share it with you because they won't have the installer, either.

you should be able to install v25.0.  and there's an offchance that once that's installed, you might be able to update it to the last v25 versions, but that's tricky and iffy.  but repost if you have v25.0 installed and want to try to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad,

thank you very much for your reply, i currently have version 24.3 installed... i also had version 25 which was the most recent and compatible with my system and which i unfortunately uninstalled because it gave problems that i hoped to solve by reinstalling it... i never should have to do it......

GammSystem_0-1673881487871.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can get v25.0.  getting any other v25.xx version is the iffy/tricky part.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, you are very kind,

I did exactly what you explained in point 1 with the desktop app (5.9.0.373), and in the settings I set "show older apps" but I don't see version 25...
I installed v24.3 and version 23.1.1 (I need it for old plugins)... but the v25.0 version doesn't let me see it as installable... It seems strange to me that you can only have two previous versions (for photoshop I have many more).

if I can't find a solution, I'll try to contact adobe directly via chat... thank you very much

PS: I also know the very useful prodesigntools .com, where for example I can find illustrator v23
(adobe cc2019 direct download links) but instead I don't see and I can't find the direct links for the v25
or I can try the Admin Console via CreativeCloud for teams, but I see it a bit complicated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v.25 = cc 2021.

current is v.27 = cc 2023

again, for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, currently cc 2022 (and cc 2021 is in this 2019 and 2022 window), contact adobe support for links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, you are really patient, I didn't read your message very well, I'm chatting with the staff who passed me the direct link, thanks a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great.

update once you get v25.0 installed.  and save that installation file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines