• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating my PC

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm looking at updating my PC but before I remove Creative Cloud from old PC need to know, is it as easy as just uninstalling and reinstalling on the new?

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always Deactivate (Sign Out) first. Help > Sign Out

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Signing out in any single app (e.g. Photoshop) will deactivate all apps linked to your plan.

No need to uninstall the software on your old PC unless you really want to. Deactivating is all you need to do to free up an activation for use on another device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using CC and not older Creative Suite programs, you should not expect any problems, as CC allows a pretty nice license management, even if the computer licensed is not available (stolen, brocken, discarded, scrapped, ...). No need even to deactivate ( @John Waller : I never deactivate beforehand). 

I addition you can activate CC on 2 computers concurrently. So I would recommend installing, activating, testing and then deactivating and uninstalling on the old one, if that is what you want to do. 

See here for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Just for your information: I'm using currently 3 computers and I have 2 of them activated concurrently. Works great!

And just for people with older CS software: Be careful, as it will not be as straightforward with older software. You better have to open a new thread and ask a question for your specific case.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, very much appreciated 🙂--
Lynda Heins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>No need even to deactivate ( @John Waller : I never deactivate beforehand). 

@Abambo Up to you. I always do and I always recommend others do too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>No need even to deactivate ( @John Waller : I never deactivate beforehand). 

@Abambo Up to you. I always do and I always recommend others do too.

By @John Waller

If you run into problems you will have no intermediate solution... Never touch a running system... (...if you can afford that). As you can activate 2 CPU systems, you can work straight to it.

However, if you need to deactivate, you can do it even from your new system. This is different from what needed to be done in the old days when you imperatively needed to deactivate on the old system before activating on the new one.

And for sure, this is for Adobe CC software. Software with a licence key activation may work differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines