• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waiting... upon updating software

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to CC 5.3.1.470.  Upon trying to update any CC software, I simply get "Waiting..." and nothing happens.  I've let the update sit overnight, only to be greated by the same "Waiting..." My download speed is 250MBPS, so speed/internet is not an issue. 

15" MBP - Mid 2017

Recently updated to Big Sur OS

2.8GHz. 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

32G Ram

225GB Free Space on internal drive

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry updating .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that multiple times (kinda the obvious first thing to try...) with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and already shut down computer once, it started last night.  im so frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ftry resetting the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I am now at the part, I believe I have uninstalled the creative cloud or at least do not see it on my system but do see all my other adobe applications for 2020 and 2021.  I have rebooted and now going to try to install again.  Not sure if I use the link here that you said was for repair or straight to my account to install the creative cloud.  I am going to try the latter now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it is finally working.  After the sudden repair caution that came up last night on adobe creative cloud app and the repair / install freezing and several reboots and attempts to start installation over.  I managed to finally uninstall even though it didn't confirm the uninstall.  I rebooted again, reinstalled via my apps on my account page and it then reinstalled much faster speed then the previous attempts and is now repaired.  Just listing this for anyone else that may need the info.  My laptop HP running Windows 10 and I had checked to make sure all updates were done on windows 10 and antivirus etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you uninstall? Did you uninstall the Adobe CC app and reinstall that or did you uninstall the actual apps like Photoshop Lightroom Illustrator etc and then reinstall those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it was the Adobe Creative Cloud, I had responded to someone having
the same problem I had with the creative cloud app sticking on repair and
or install. I thought it was connected to this post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry I misunderstood the question.  I was also wondering if I would have to uninstall everything but only uninstalled and reinstalled the Creative cloud app and now everything is opening and working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  The Win: Ctrl + Alt + R  worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines