• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the 20Gb Photography Plan?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question couldn't be more simple, where is the 20Gb photography plan at £9.98 that includes Lightroom Classic?

I was looking for the sign up link for some friends that want to use Lightroom Classic. They don't want or need 1Tb of storage at nearly £20/month. The whole point of LR Classic is that its storage is local. If Adobe have removed this option whilst doubling the cost it feels a lot like price gouging. And it makes me get a bad taste in my mouth.

I see a few forum posts saying the 20Gb plan is available via a phone call. Really!!! Is this how things are done nowadays?

Does anyone know?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Hi all,

Sorry about the confusion surrounding the plans page. Occasionally, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items which can include plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com.

This particular test involves testing photography plans with higher levels of storage. The Lightroom plan with 1TB and Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB allow customers to use Lightroom across multiple devices with large numbers of photos. As people are increasingly usi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

I’m not sure to love those tests...

Yes. So, depending on from where you reach the Adobe site or on which device you're using, you get different informations and offers, or maybe prices ? Curious and discriminating. Adobe say we can still buy the 20 Gb plan. OK. What about the customers who are not aware of this plan and are "forced" to buy the 1 Tb plan ? What if they ask for downgrading to the 20 Gb plan once it reappears ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Samoreen  wrote

What if they ask for downgrading to the 20 Gb plan once it reappears ?

Adobe handles that generally gracefully.

But well, you need to do additional efforts and you need to know about the solution. I suppose this drains people away from the Photography plan towards the Lightroom plan. The day they learn about Photoshop and Lightroom Classic they are so deeply engaged with Lightroom that they do not change any more.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We reached out to Adobe Sales and a representative confirmed that the $10 plan is no longer being offered on the website for many customers. Go through the standard online ordering process (i.e. click “Buy Now” on the Photography Plan being offered) and you’ll only be presented with the $20/month option.”

We're rehashing old news. Pete was kind enough to give some clarity as to what is going on. Not that it’s a great answer as A/B testing on live clients has lead to a lot of confusion, but at least it explains what’s going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines