• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can I not instal Lightroom 6 onto my Mac Book Pro?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 as a gift. I have tried to install it on my Mac. Had problems initially to get the installer to work, then when it finally worked when I entered the serial number it says not genuine product but it is. It was bought from a reputable shop, it is in the branded box with 'Genuine' Adobe hologram sticker and the disc is original (you can tell it's not a counterfeit). I am running on Yosemite. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My friend lives in New Jersey and I am in the UK......could that have any impact? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Step 1 )

If Present , Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications > Utilities.

Step 2)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same .

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear.

Then open " Applications" folder and locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon and double click on it and update.

It will launch Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting error message as " ​"Adobe Genuine Software Validation Failure. The product you are trying to install is not an Adobe Genuine Software and appears to be counterfeit." ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! That is exactly what it said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1 )

If Present , Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications > Utilities.

Step 2)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same .

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear.

Then open " Applications" folder and locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon and double click on it and update.

It will launch Adobe Creative Cloud app. Quit it .

Make sure to Force Quit Creative Cloud process from Activity Monitor .

Then try to install Lightroom , it shud work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry this is so late but had a lot going on last year and only just managed to sort this. Thank you SO much, I have now successfully installed my Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still face same issue  , Download Installer file and try to install :

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines