• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so SLOW?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so slow? On my relatively fast broadband connection, I can usually download 100mb apps within a matter of minutes.

I have been trying to download 8 adobe apps via the creative cloud installer for nearly a whole day. So far Adobe Fireworks is the only app that is fully downloaded and that took about 7 hours. So at this rate it will probably take ALL WEEK to get through Premiere and After Effects !

This is utterly disgraceful. Please, please sort your servers out, Adobe!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AriSt100,

The connection type and network traffic, affect download speed. Please find the kb: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-download-problems.html#main_Estimated_downloa... for more information.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is not helpful - as I don't know how large the Adobe files are that are downloading from the cloud.

I too am experiencing EXTREMELY long download times. 

One solution may be to turn off Anti-Virus and/or Firewall software.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a  useless answer. Adobe's infrastructure is soley responsible for this horrid performance. I've now been trying to get the creative cloud apps downloaded for days. Not hours, mind you, but literally, days. I'm not experiencing this sort of network performance elsehwere, and I'm sure I could easily prove this with some simple tests. How about you skip the bullshit anwer and just get this issue fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems, it takes over an hour to download an app at my network location (which has decent internet download speed). Tried different computers in the office and same thing ... however at my home location the stuff installs like butter! ... so clearly it's not the speed of adobe servers that is the problem, its some stupid network thing particular to the office I'm in (I've never had trouble with the cloud app at other networked locations).

So, I'm not neccessarily blaming you adobe, but it would be nice if you had any info on what kind of network settings might be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of last install of the Creative Cloud updater my problems seem to have been fixed ... not sure if it was Adobe or something that got changed at the network level. But everything seems to be downloading at acceptable speeds, still not quite as fast as home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you supposed to work out what speed we should be getting, when the size of the download isn't displayed on the CC downloader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish I didn't get this software through my University, as I would have chosen a different product. I'm a Computer Science major, and my computer runs quickly, my internet speed is great, and I never have any issues with any other downloads. This is an issue on Adobe's end and not the users. ADOBE FIX YOUR SERVERS. There is a zero percent chance that everyone is having an issue on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is stock standard response from any support person.  Adobe's infrastructure must be some of the worst in terms of design and load-sharing.  I have never had a 'fast' (or for that fact, 'reasonable' download ) from Adobe in the 3 years I have owned it.  Also being in Australia we sometimes download at around 11pm at night (and all through the night as is required to get your downloads finished) when other parts of the world are offline. 

In the whole scheme of things, Adobe needs to look at 2 things (1) we PAY for this service (2) the delivery is NOT good enough.  You make millions of $$ from subscribers all around the world and EVERYONE is complaining about download times, it is a COMMON THEME.  You should take this on board, increase the number of software servers and your infrastructure designs to make the experience better for your customer base so we have more customer satisfaction and enjoy our Adobe 'experience'. 

Don't treat us like people who know nothing about the back end as many users like myself are IT staff themselves and understand this stuff.  Yes you may have a large demand on your system but hey, you are getting paid by us and you should use some of that money to improve the delivery of your product, because if this was my work and the performance was this bad, by now I would be looking for work.

Please do something about it like thousands of people have been asking you to do.

Ben Tomlins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible ADOBE.

How many years? ... How many complaints and you do NOTHING.

Terrible update speeds. It could take a week ... but as you don't give any indication about file size and time remaining ...

Did I say you suck ADOBE?

Well you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Geoff777

I feel for you man. I had the same problem. Sorted it with adding a TCP firewall rule for port 80. If you're on Windows 7/8, easy instructions here: Open TCP Port 80 in Windows Firewall [McNeel Wiki]

Couldn't even get CC updater to show anything but after opening the port it just flew and download speeds went back to normal.

Hope it helps!

Best

GarybMusic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man! You saved me whole bunch of time and nerves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An article with router/firewall settings would be great - or perhaps get some dedicated download servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer the article for download issues: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-cc-installation-download.html.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the router is preventing access, see your router documentation and set up port forwarding from the computer.

Well, it kind of helps Romit, but what ports are used by Adobe?

Is it this info from the corporate section?

• ccmdl.adobe.com:80
  • swupmf.adobe.com:80
  • swupdl.adobe.com:80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so with a lack of any clear guidence from Adobe I've added a firewall TCP/UDP rule for port 80 and the download is happening much faster. Although it really irks me that for the sake of design, the CC downloader doesn't have any vital stats on the download size and estimated time of completion.

My suggestions for Adobe would be:

• add this important information to your help documents
  • if you can access a download on a website, have it actually downloadable instead of opening the CC app
  • add download size to the CC app - even if it's even in the description
  • add current download speed and estimated time of completion
  • make the downloads (and even this community website) faster
  • make sure that when staff reference a document, they actually read it first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhh.... Can you explain this solution you devised and how we might do the same?  Mine is downloading like a 14.4 modem (remember those?)

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do remember the early modems and it's ludicrous that with the money and talent Adobe has at their disposal, they can't get it better!

But anyway, I'll explain the solution. I found on my machine that any of the mac security settings such as the firewall were turned off and not affecting download speed. After trawling through lots of posts there was a post about how enterprise could change the firewall settings on their servers for better speed (although nothing useful for desktop users). So I thought it's worth trying and went into the admin system on my modem/router at home. I went through the options and found firewall, added a TCP/UDP rule (my router can do either or both), set it to port 80 (nothing more complex than that, it wasn't forwarding ports or anything), saved it and waited a few minutes for it to become active.

With it active the downloads were faster, not brilliant but slow ADSL speed - so around 1.5Mbps kind of speed. Could be just my internet as that isn't much faster.

I believe that port 80 is a pretty common port so I tend to delete the rule once I've finished updating. And I do think the problem is primarily with the modem as using a USB dongle or other network usually has much higher speeds. Having said that, you would assume Adobe could get it work with any internet connection. Go figure.

So have a look through your router settings, look for a firewall setting - usually under advanced - and create the rule. If you need further instructions, go and do a google search on your modem model and see if there's a manual or a forum where it's being talked about.

Hope that helps 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, the answers and links do not address, nor fix, a problem that has long existed with the distribution of adobe apps using the creative cloud desktop app: it is abysmally slow. Period. It downloads at speeds far less than ANY other downloads from any other servers, web-based or otherwise. This is widely documented and a complete frustration to users of Adobe products. How slow? <5% of the throughput of my other downloads. This slowness occurs day or night, regardless of computer or laptop used, Windows or Mac. It is not a slowdown in my wireless network nor in my ISP's servers. If so, the slowdown would be seen when downloading other apps from other vendors' servers.

I have looked at the link with suggested download times, and the suggested times are far faster than what I have ever achieved from the creative cloud desktop app, and I have been using CC apps from their very earliest days. The other links that contain troubleshooting for downloads primarily deal with failure to download, not slowness. It is clearly a problem with either the desktop app, your servers, or both, and how they interact with most users' setups. And no, it's not a firewall problem, as I have tried with all firewalls (including the router's) turned off. Sorry to vent here, but the replies I have consistently seen from Adobe all seem to imply that everything is working fine from the Adobe end, and that it must be a problem at the user or user's ISP end. Give us a little credit. When the ONLY app that has this incredibly slow download throughput is Adobe's, we don't have to be IT professionals (and yes, I am one) to figure out where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only IT professional to be downloading an App from Adobe and I thoroughly agree with everything you have posted.  The download speeds are ABYSMAL and one APP can take several hours to download to a a PC/MAC.  It commonly fails, relaunching won't take up where it left off and NO ONE KNOWS HOW BIG THE FILES ARE TO MAKE A CORRECT JUDGEMENT.  Seriously, how hard is it to list that your XYZ APP is a 4Gb download.  At least we would know what we are in for.  I have tried on both PC and MAC also and both are disgraceful.

For a company that is now fleecing its customers by the month, month in and month out, this is not really our money's worth.  I am using these products for extra study so at present not using them for financial gain so there is no excuse that I offset it with the product that I make from your software.  You obviously have a huge demand for your software Adobe, agreed, but at least boost your infrastructure to get some more server power in the back end to help us out.   If you get one part of this message into your heads it should be EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE FROM OUR END.  Learn to service your customers better.   I have tried for 2 days to download Premiere Pro and I have got no further than 5% after about 3 hours.  Seriously, am I downloading the whole NSA database?  I don't think so.

We know better.....give us the credit like rockwellsr says.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to refer to anything.  I'm ready to try the free trial and buy the program, "Dreamweaver" unless you keep insisting on me trying to download the Adobe Creative Cloud which seem to be pure shit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst download speed from Adobe Servers while downloading the apps. The download gets stuck for an hour on 1% and moves on to 5%, then from there it takes 2 more hour to reach 25%. Finally, it says after some hours, download was unsuccessful. Utter disgusting waste of time & bandwidth. Guys from Adobe should seriously do something urgently to fix this mega annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything, nothing is working. Our internet speed is 4 mbps, then also slowest download speed from Adobe Servers while downloading the apps. The download gets stuck for an hour on 1% and moves on to 5%, then from there it takes 2 more hour to reach 25%. Finally, it says after some hours, download was unsuccessful. Utter disgusting waste of time & bandwidth. Guys from Adobe should seriously do something urgently to fix this mega annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure it is a regional issue.  As I posted earlier, the issue for me was the way my router was configured.  A security option (not firewall per se) which was recommended prevented the CC files from being copied.  Once I removed that option, all of my CC uploads are under 1 minute to download.  My Internet speed is high (200+ Mbs.).  I also can get clean and fast download through my work (university) computer system which has a much more advanced firewall than my home system does.

I do agree that Adobe should have figured out how to provide their files to customers without requiring customers to modify router settings.  They have had plenty of time to sort this out.  Disappointed that it still is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines