• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so SLOW?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so slow? On my relatively fast broadband connection, I can usually download 100mb apps within a matter of minutes.

I have been trying to download 8 adobe apps via the creative cloud installer for nearly a whole day. So far Adobe Fireworks is the only app that is fully downloaded and that took about 7 hours. So at this rate it will probably take ALL WEEK to get through Premiere and After Effects !

This is utterly disgraceful. Please, please sort your servers out, Adobe!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brutal.  Lost 4 hours at work.  Something is throttling the download.  Could be ISP, could be internal firewall.  Doesn't matter, this is Adobe's fault.  Full stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god... i should've read this first before hit the button

i'm downloading dreamweaver... don't know the progress... don't know when will i finish this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd. I got a new machine a few days ago and it has taken me two days and three remote support sessions to download and install Pshop and Lightroom, most of the time they simply timed out on the network and I had to start again. Who can I send the bill for my time and wasted bandwidth to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years since this thread is here and everything is the same,what can i say well f**king done adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I've the same problem on my mac os x el capitan. From 3 days I can't download the creative cloud desktop and the CC software. I can't working for my client.

I've try into different network, but it's the same problem.

How Can I fix this issue?

13918699_10201965742062874_867728931_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving us all nuts, for the life of me I don't know why Adobe just don't fess up and admit there is a problem with relation to the speed of the apps rather than revert to the default position of asking how quick your internet connection is or have you got enough RAM etc?

It would be helpful if they got over this mental hurdle and realised that there are still professionals in the world that rebut answers fit for amateur setups.

Of course we know it's an IT helpdesk that has to ask 'have you switched it on and of again' etc and of course we as users have to respond with the tick box mentality to gain further insight into the problems they create but I feel there is genuine resentment of using the 'cloud'. It's also important to say we weren't mis-sold the creative cloud as we all knew it was simply a subscription mechanism to hook it's users on, and we do love Photoshop though I am eager to ditch Adobe at the first opportunity. I loved Quark and used a Nokia many years ago and now they are relics so maybe Adobe will be next?

Either way, venting frustration here is the only channel we have to directly address Adobe, and gone are the days when the CEO get's in touch directly Steve Jobs style.

I also updated Muse this week and it's somehow managed to get slower?!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12/23/2016 It's been 2 years since this was posted and there's still no fix. I my download was 3% complete after an hour...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Oregon in the western USA, and running updates for say Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, AfterEffects, Illustrator ... and on ... typically take no more than five minutes on my old i5 laptop over my home's wifi setup.

In the studio, they normally run about 1-2 minutes a program to download over our hard-wired LAN.

For comparison use ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this same issue for months (years).  Today, I spent a bunch of time looking at my router configuration.  After a lot of digging, I found a solution which seems to work consistently:

Disable 'SPI' in the router Firewall.

With SPI disabled, I get clean downloads, no 'server not reachable' error screens and rapid download times (under a minute for inDesign).

With SPI enabled, I get the regular issues of multi-hour downloads, error screens, etc.

I toggled the SPI setting on and off several times, trying a download each time.  My observations are consistent: leaving SPI disabled seems to fix the problem.

I will be interested to hear from others if they try this out on their own set-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed. Just bought Acrobat Pro and on a 250mbit connection it's already 15 minutes and still @ 70%

Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed to CC and started downloading Photoshop.

Started at 1:30 - at 3:47 I had 21% downloaded.

Read through much of this thread - found something about turning off firewalls and did just that via Norton Security.

The download was complete about 3 min later.

I turned off Smart Firewall if this helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 whole years later and we're still experiencing this issue. I'm using a university network where I routinely get almost 1 Gbps download rates and it's been 4+ hours since I started installing these apps (the first one hasn't even gotten past 50%). I'm really glad my university pays for my subscription because I would never pay for this kind of service. Sony Vegas Pro, GIMP, and even Microsoft Paint are looking far better than Adobe CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to vary dramatically by location, and I don't know why.

When I download or update say PrPro, Illustrator, Photoshop, the big heavies ... it takes about 2 minutes tops for the download to complete. Western Oregon, decently high speed 'net connection from our local provider, and through my shop's router & firewall to our local net.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care lol. They are oldschool, they think they don't have to make their consumers happy because of their monopoly. But that's why Capitalism works. Someone will rise with Adobes skills but Amazons Cust Carew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me like 8 hours to download/install Photoshop with a brand new computer doing nothing but downloading this program.  It took 4 hours to increase 15%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to provide my experience.  I too was having a problem downloading.  Took me many hours just to get the Creative Cloud application itself and then never got beyond 9% downloading photoshop (waiting a couple hours).  Searching brought me to this discussion and above there was mention of "opening port 80" to your machine FROM the internet.  Now, I'm on a corporate network and I do have access to do this (as i'm one of the senior IT folks here) but I thought, ok that's kind of stupid... why would opening a port INBOUND to my computer speed up downloads.

Well, I decided to try it.  I first disabled the local computers firewall thru control panel.  And then I then statically gave my computer an IP address and configured our corporations firewall temporarily to allow this machine to receive inbound port 80 access.

After doing so and verifying these settings were in affect I started the download again.  It took ~15-30 minutes to download and install Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, and After Effects.  In fact, it was fully complete in the time I was able to write this reply.

So what does this mean?  Why would opening a port INBOUND to my machine speed up a simple file download??

To me, and I could be wrong.. probably am but just a thought: it seems to indicate that Adobe is using some type of peer-to-peer technology to download these applications.  (i.e. similar to something like bit torrent where you get bits and pieces of it from various "peers"... other peoples workstations and who knows where...).  So does that mean that my machine is now actively a part of sending bits of the application to other peoples machines that are actively downloading adobe products when I open port 80 inbound to my machine??  I SURE HOPE NOT...  So, that failing (which it SHOULD in almost all cases because no one these days opens up port 80 inbound to their entire network...), they must fall back on just a simple download from their servers which must be horribly overwhelmed... and thus most people's slow experience.  That would indicate that this fall back infrastructure cannot keep up with download demands.

Just my opinion.  Anyway, I can confirm that opening port 80 INBOUND to my local machine from the internet did allow the download/install to happen very quickly as I would expect on our 1GB internet network connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Second all suppositions here. This is unsatisfactory. Particularly since this string has been around for almost a year and after sufficient chance to fix this issue, I don't see a solitary reaction from Adobe. I do see reactions from Adobe in other comparable strings (where the banners have probably not had more broad IT experience and aren't as ready to express the reasons why this is clearly issue on Adobe's side) fundamentally Adobe's reaction is at fault the client and the client's gear for the sluggish download rates, and advise them to continue to attempt. This item wasn't made (and sold at a significant cost!!) so just profoundly experienced IT experts with very quick organizations could utilize it. Download rates ought to at any rate be comparable with other comparative administrations and it is clear they are definitely not.

Link removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines