Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to activate Adobe Photoshop CS3 again but it won't work

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello happy Photoshoppers,

I've been using Photoshop for a while now and never felt the urge to upgrade to a newer version. So I'm still using CS3 (Extended Edition), which i bought back in 2006 or so. Since then it's been working perfectly.

Last week it prompted me to activate my copy of the program again, which wouldn't work eventually; I entered my serial number but the connection can't be established, which I find weird since I can access the internet without any issues. I also tried to deactivate my firewall (Avast + Malwarebytes), no success either. Tried it on another PC, nothing.

I'm using Windows 8.1 (on both PCs) with the most up to date hardware drivers and flash and stuff.

Please help me 🙂 Thanks for any ideas in advance.

Best regards
Kai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

uninstall ps cs3, clean (Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6) and reinstall using your serial number and the installation files.

Downloadable installation files available:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall ps cs3, clean (Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6) and reinstall using your serial number and the installation files.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad‌,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it didn't work after 3 tries of complete deinstallation + CCleaner swipe.

I really need Photoshop, so what can I do instead to reactivate it??

Thanks again

Best

Kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what problem/error do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sais "no connection". When I try again, the same error is displayed. Phone activation isn't possible anymore as you sure know.

Screenshot 2015-05-04 17.22.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it; the hosts-file contained wrong information about adobe servers. Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. Where do you find the host file ? How did you correct it to the right server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers.

for help with that and other common secure adobe.com connection problems read, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines