• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove VAT number from my plan

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to remove VAT number from my photography plan as the plan is no longer payed for by a company. I have been in contact with Adobe support four time, twice by phone and twice by chat. Yet after nearly two months the VAT number is still registered on my account.

This is ridiculous, what do I need to do to have the VAT number removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Have your tried to access your account and change the appropriate payment settings?

Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

I was fighting with them for some time now as well. But indeed, your workaround worked.

For Credit Cards users:

1. Get into Manage payment popup
  2. Switch method to Paypal from dropdown
  3. Remove VAT ID at the bottom
  4. Hit Sign in button, you will be redirected to Paypal login page (or Paypal if already logged)
  5. Without even logging in, find and click a little "Cancel and return to Adobe (...)", you will be taken back to Manage payment popup
  6. Fixed, no more VAT ID and your Credit Card info are still in place 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your tried to access your account and change the appropriate payment settings?

Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that. Unfortunately the VAT number is the one thing you can not edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue! I need to update my VAT number. I've been in touch with support 4 times now during the past couple of months and they promised it would be changed each time, but still it has not been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! same problem here!!! 4 times I have requested the change and nothing happens. They are really something... I truly believe that their support system is non-existent. Did you manage to have your vat finally updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and have had the same problem. No way to remove the VAT number.

I really dont care anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact you are able to remove the VAT from my account, by hilighting the vat number and press delete.

Then pressing SAVE.

However when returning in again it is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I post my workaround, hope it will help (still now if it should be fixed)...

STANDARD WORKFLOW AND ISSUE

1. Enter your payment options inside Apple ID account
  2. Select edit payment option
  3. Delete the VAT number and select "Save"
  4. Try again and the VAT number it's still there, no matter what you do...

WORKAROUND

1. Enter your payment options inside Apple ID account
  2. Select edit payment option
  3. If you use Paypal (my case), just choose "Change Paypal account"
  4. Follow the procedure with the same Paypal account, re-authorizing the Apple plan (hope should work also with Credit Card, re-entering all the data)
  5. Delete VAT and select Save
  6. Now, thinking that it's a new payment option, the system should save, and you have the same Payment workflow without VAT number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I switched indeed to PayPal and problem solved 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fighting with them for some time now as well. But indeed, your workaround worked.

For Credit Cards users:

1. Get into Manage payment popup
  2. Switch method to Paypal from dropdown
  3. Remove VAT ID at the bottom
  4. Hit Sign in button, you will be redirected to Paypal login page (or Paypal if already logged)
  5. Without even logging in, find and click a little "Cancel and return to Adobe (...)", you will be taken back to Manage payment popup
  6. Fixed, no more VAT ID and your Credit Card info are still in place 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was so helpful, I've tried to delete my VAT a few times and it kept reappearing. How odd that this is the only way to fix it. I'm really glad I found this workaround though. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly this does not work any more in the new "Manage payment method" popup (they had to change it very recenlty). VAT ID stays the same, even while adding new payment method. It is just prefilled with previous value. For now I see no way to remove any payment methods nor VAT ID from account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years later it is still very helpful, thank you a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally Adobe Support was able to remove my VAT ID right in the moment I have contaced them via chat! Previous 5 times they were not successful but issues vere marked as resolved. Just try now again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, am having the same problem. I need to remove my VAT ID from my account.
How did you reach them through chat? Is there a link you could share?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We're here to help you. You can delete/update VAT with help of following steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/manage-account/using/update-vat-id-for-eu-countries.html

If this does not help, please contact support for help: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Thanks 

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bills98992814 

follow @KanikaS's link to update your vat.  if that fais and you need to contact support, there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines