• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to unnamed file

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I exit Dreamweaver, after pretty normal activity, I get an error message that access to an "unnamed" file is defined. What causes this distraction?

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea.  I've never encountered it. 

Does your local site folder reside on your computer's primary hard drive?  C:/yourSite  or Mac HD/yourSite

If not, you may wish to move it there.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get this kind of error from time to time. I have to admit that I've never paid too much attention to it. Being on Windows, there are a few applications that I have to quit by going to "end task" from the Manager. Xampp, DW, ...
Anyway, I've noticed that since W11 (I don't have the hardware to support this migration, so I'm still on W10), I have to reboot the system much more frequently than in the past; just to maintain greater stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurs to me that the error's reference to an unnamed file may have to do with file access in the user account that Windows 11 chose on its own. I had backed up my work files to the cloud using Microsoft OneDrive, and somehow from the moment I turned on the computer, it set up a user account with OneDrive as its Documents folder and subfolder. I'm not sure I want that and may need to investigate how to change this. It's not obvious, but I could see if it makes a file unavailable to Dreamweaver. As it is, I can see all my documents in Word or html, but pictures are not always visible (except with a generic icon) unless I sign in to OneDrive each time! I searched for options to have it start automatically, but they didn't seem to apply to me. Say, one page told me to open OneDrive and change its settings, but my version doesn't even have that settings page! My old computer used OneDrive only for backup, at the cost of dupe folders with tons of files.

But of course I don't know if that's even the issue or how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what you say makes sense, and makes me think that for some reason, here at the studio, we're all working locally through Synology.
Perhaps by investigating DW's internal logic for communicating with the environment and refreshing states in real time (especially since it relies heavily on Node) we will find the reason why!!!  Let's not forget that Adobe recommends working on C, well on the main local disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to your other topic.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/popup-hides-menu/m-p/14050202#M225867

Given the advanced age of your software, unexpected behavior is normal.

• UltraDev from 23 years ago is discontinued & unsupported. 
  • It's obsolete-ware that was designed for Win95 & 2000.
  • UltraDev will never be fully supported by Win11 or modern computers. It's too old.

Any questions?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines