• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Acrobat Pro DC not auto-updating

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

 

Any frustration in my tone is directed at Adobe not teh community. 🙂

 

I have reviewed eh community posts and support articles.

We have Adobe Acrobat pro DC on about 10 PCs and none of them are auto-updating.

The Task to check upates runs  without error but no updates are installed.

I checked registry settings and teh option for updating is set to download and install.

I reset preferences, although Update is not an option anymore.

Creative Cloud is running.

Anti-Virus is not blocking updates as far as I can tell looking at the corporate AV console.

It says apps are up to date but our Tenable nessus system identifies that we are not up to date and have vulnerabilities.

This is very frustrating.

I cannot re-install Acrobat on everyone's PC.

We update Reader via GPO so I suppose I coudl do the same for Acrobat but not sure if that is even an option.

 

Any thoughts on how to force the Acrobat Pro DC to update woudl be appreciated.

 

regards

Adrian

 

TOPICS
Acrobat , Troubleshooting

Views

1.6K

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

The most common reasons for auto-update not working are-

1. Updates are disable by policy (bUpdater registry)

2. Adobe Acrobat Update Service is disabled or not installed

3. Acrobat was deployed from patched Admin Install Point

There could be more reasons, but to find out you'd have to provide verbose Updater log file.

a. Set iLogLevel DWORD registry value to 1 in the registry path below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

b. Delete tLastT_Acrobat registry value from

HKEY_CUR

...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reasons for auto-update not working are-

1. Updates are disable by policy (bUpdater registry)

2. Adobe Acrobat Update Service is disabled or not installed

3. Acrobat was deployed from patched Admin Install Point

There could be more reasons, but to find out you'd have to provide verbose Updater log file.

a. Set iLogLevel DWORD registry value to 1 in the registry path below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

b. Delete tLastT_Acrobat registry value from

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM

c. Make sure AdobeARM.exe process is not running and Acrobat application is not runnig as well

d. launch AdobeARM.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0

e. wait a minute and provide in the private message AdobeARM.log file from User Temp folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I will send you the log file.

Note that I had to Run As Administrator for it to work.

I note that the service is enabled (point 1).

There are two, AdobeUpdateService and Adobe Acrobat Update Service

I also note in the log file:
bUpdater policy set to disable Updater in SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cServices

The application was installed after giving access via the Admin Console. I cannot recall the specifics, unfortunately..


 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the steer on this. I had the exact same issue. We were disabling auto-update for Reader using an mst file deployed with the group policy software deployment. This looks to have ben breaking Acrobat pro aupdates as well. Enabling the bupdater reg for Acrobat Pro

fixed this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines