• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC on Continuous Track & Updating

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on doing a deployment of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  We have the subscription version and I've configured it using the Customization Wizard to allow automatic updating.

My question is this, once it's deployed on computers will the automatic updating work for users with no admin rights? or do they need admin rights in order to install future updates as they are released?

Thanks in advance for any input you can give me in answering this question for me.

Angel Castillo

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Just got confirmation from Adobe Chat support that local admin rights is required for the users even if you have automatic updates enabled.

You only have 3 options:

1. Install the updates manually with an account that has local admin rights
  2. Use a 3rd party solution for updating such as Dell KACE K1000 appliance for patching
  3. Give the users temporary admin rights to run the updates themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got confirmation from Adobe Chat support that local admin rights is required for the users even if you have automatic updates enabled.

You only have 3 options:

1. Install the updates manually with an account that has local admin rights
  2. Use a 3rd party solution for updating such as Dell KACE K1000 appliance for patching
  3. Give the users temporary admin rights to run the updates themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you point me to instructions on how to enable Updating using Customization Wizard?  I so cannot believe that is not a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic updates are default in Adobe Acrobat DC.

You do not need to configure anything.

Standard Users will also be updated. If Adobe Chat provided you with different information, it was incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I'll wait and see ... The logs continues to show

"WARNING Product's Feature lock down key is set to 0. Skip updating this product."

and the plist has ...

<dict>
<key>FeatureLockDown</key>
<dict>
<key>bUpdater</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

But since there haven't been any updates, I cannot tell for sure ... but cannot deploy wihtout confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines