• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager is missing or damaged

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we try to launch Updates from the Help menu from any of our CC Web Design apps on our Mac workstations we get the following error:Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 8.04.57 AM 2.png

How do we fix? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, reinstalling the AAM from the download will fix this for us.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. What else you got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much, HC. I now have a problem where a package I built with updates enabled (but not the Desktop App) that's not running updates. I select the item in the Help menu (not grayed out) but nothing happens. A reinstall of AAM did not help me either. I'm going to have to call this one in. I'll post if I learn anything.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay excellent! I'm checking on a few things myself. Let's see what we get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ric@pcc Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HC harpercollins

Just spent about 40 minutes with Adobe Enterprise support with no luck. They're elevating the call to Level 2 support, who will be giving me a call back.

I'll keep you posted.

Ric

(Love your books, btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harpercollins

Does RUM work for you? I just tried this on a new system I imaged and RemoteUpdateManager can only download one of the seven updates the package I built needs (ACR). The important ones like Premiere, Audition and AME fail to download.

And I still haven't heard back from Adobe Level 2 support. I also filed this as a bug report because there are other users experiencing the same thing. There's another thread I found covering the RUM issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow! You'd think these guys had it together! Funny you should ask about RUM. I just started using it and so far so good. But these particular machines I'm having trouble with per the initial screenshot above, I haven't tried running RUM against them. But I will. Let me know if you need help setting RUM up. It's actually easy to do once you have everything in place. And hopefully Adobe will have an answer for us with the above. Standing by..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harpercollins​,

Right now, I'm just using RUM to pull updates from Adobe to the workstations (no server), running it either interactively or remotely (Apple Remote Desktop). I do have a server (Mac) I can use, but with only a handful of workstations in my domain, a RUM server wasn't very high on my list of things to do. Perhaps it should be now?

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harpercollins

I did hear back from support. Their reply was:

Thank you for sharing the update on this issue, There seem to be an ongoing issue with interactive updates in an Ausst setup environment .

Our product engineering team is working on this. In case of any queries feel free to respond to this email.

The new update to RUM (available from the Enterprise Dashboard) fixed my problem with RUM installs but it looks like they have some work to do on the interactive ones.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this just dandy! Well, RUM appears to be working so for now, at least we have a workaround. Did they say they would reach out to you if and when they have a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply to the email from them that I quoted asked just that. I also provided a link to this thread. Whether or not they tell us when they have a solution remains to be seen. This may show up as an update to the Adobe Application Manager (AAM) or it could come through as part of some trivial component that we'll never notice.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This mostly occurs when you have serialized package deployed without creative cloud desktop however you are using named licensing and would want to update the CC apps, deleting OOBE folder from HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>OOBE and installing Creative cloud desktop should fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ashish Bijalwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

harpercollins and others...

I just heard back from the tech at Adobe and this was confirmed as a bug that they are working on. There are a number of tickets opened on this. They expect a fix and promised to let me know when it comes out. (He didn't say so directly, but it sounded like it's something that is getting fixed on their end and not something we'll have to take action on.)

(And if anybody found this helpful, I'd be grateful for the Helpful points or at least a Like. Getting by second bar of credibility was really exciting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines