• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop - how to Upgrade/Deploy and have it SET to Auto Update siliently

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have over 1K user's currently stuck at the Creative Cloud desktop application verison of: v5.1 - apparently this version has a Bug that causes High CPU spikes. 

We want to Just Upgrade the Creative Cloud desktop application v5.1 to the latest v5.2, BUT also have the Creative Cloud desktop application SET to AUTO UPDATE silently by itself in the future...  Is this Possibe, please advise and how. 

Greatly Appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If the user has the right to install and update apps then they would be able to install and update it. As an admin, you can always create a package from the admin console and deploy it on the user's machine silently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan was to Silently Upgrade the users Creative Cloud desktop application Silently, but also have it silently auto update itself in the future.    

So far exporting a package from the AdminConsole, running CCDA it does not toggle the 'always keep creative cloud app up to date'.   

interesting, manually running the .msi does not install.   I had to use the Setup.exe.    

Right now our users Self-serve download from the adobe document cloud website link.   From my understanding this way the bundled CCDA does not allow auto updating to be turned on?

i keep getting conflicting answers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user generally gets a prompt about the update of the creative cloud desktop app and will update automatically and there is no option to disable the prompt. It is up to the user if they want to install the CC apps using the creative cloud desktop app which is like a silent update that happens within the tool.

As an admin, you can use switches like /qn or /silent for the silent installation of the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why when I try to use the exported Adobe AdminConsole package the ‘Always allow creative cloud app to update’ is NOT Toggled on?????

Also when I install it, I notice after I open it there is a Blue bar at the bottom to accept another Update - which updates other modules it appears ie: CCX Process version etc.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to check the workflow and some other details. I would suggest creating a support case from the admin console so that our technician can check the details and troubleshoot it for you remotely: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi already have a work in progress ticket created: E-000174919

I would like another perspective/opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Aayushi Jain is informed me of the following:

1. CCDA after a install there is a 'Bug' reported to Engineering due to after installing, it STILL Prompts the user in Blue Bar at the bottom once opened to UPDATE it again.   States it should not do this, especially from an I.T. deploy respective where we want NO user interaction

2.  The 'Always keep Creative Cloud up to date' option NOT being turned ON, from a Exported AdminConsole package is apparently ANOTHER potential 'BUG' that Aayushi has now informing the Engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines