• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Update Server Block old version updates?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have setup a Adobe Update Server and it is working fine. Problem is the drive I have setup for the updates is getting full. It is automatically downloading updates for CS5 and newer. I don't have any computers pointing to this server that is running CS5 and CS6, only CC. I have already tried deleting the old updates but they just get downloaded again. How can I block CS5 and CS6 updates from getting downloads, they are just wasting space on my server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Yes, you can now use --cleanup command to remove old versions. This feature came in the most recent AUSST release.

Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Remove obsolete products that are not required

Downloads of all products except for those specified in filter are removed.

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="<root folder>" --incremental --cleanup --filterProducts="<sap codes you want to retain after cleanup>"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is possible. The system requirements for AUSSt are 100 gb of disk space.

Using the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could some sort of filtering feature be added to AUSST? It is very wasteful to download many GB of updates for old versions that we no longer have, and even more so to download all the MacOS updates that we don't use at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can now use --cleanup command to remove old versions. This feature came in the most recent AUSST release.

Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

Remove obsolete products that are not required

Downloads of all products except for those specified in filter are removed.

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="<root folder>" --incremental --cleanup --filterProducts="<sap codes you want to retain after cleanup>"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with this is that Acrobat DC does not have a SAP code and therefore when you add SAP codes, Acrobat DC is not avaulable within CC.

Any advice for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines