• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applications will not open unless connected to domain or VPN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.0, Adobe After Effects CC 2017.0, and Adobe Presenter Video Express all crash (actually, won't open, rather than crash) UNLESS the computer is connected to our domain, or the user is connected to the VPN.

I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with 16GB RAM and 4GB NVidia graphics card. The user is not a domain admin, but has temporary local admin privileges until we can determine if they are needed or not.

After 2 hours on the phone with Adobe support, including being transferred from the installation team to the Premiere team, I was told I needed to be transferred back to the installation team. In the end, I uninstalled all of the applications, copied the installer to the local drive, and reinstalled. Again, the applications will only load if the user is connected to the VPN.

I need help to understand why this is, and how to correct it so that she can use her software even if there is no internet available.
Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

This issue is likely down to local network configuration of the user machine, maybe a group policy or certificate security that has been set.

One thing I would check would be the version of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application used. We included fixes for similar issues in recent updates to CCDA.

The current version is 4.0.1.188 - make sure you are running this.

To check the version of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in with your Adobe ID.
  2. Click t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you signed in to activate the product or are you using a serial number?

When launching our applications the first step is generally to sign in using your Adobe ID.

The applications in this case cannot be used entirely offline.

Once you have initially signed in you should not need to be online again for 99 days.

See Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

"The Creative Cloud software makes a call to Adobe servers once a day to verify the account status. If
the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last call happens, the software status is refreshed to run for at least 99 days while being offline.

Note:

Signing out and signing back in (while online) just before going offline for a long period ensures that the software works for at least 99 days without needing to connect.

The software still reminds you to connect to the Internet during this time. These reminders can be suppressed until the last 30 days, when a daily message prompts you to go online and refresh the software status."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer is always on the internet its just not always connected to our company domain network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seans3146439 is working with me on this project. The answer above is not complete. We're not talking about access to the internet. As it stands, either the computer must be on our internal Microsoft Active Directory domain, or the user must be connected via VPN to the network in order for the software to load and work. Without that, the software will not open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is likely down to local network configuration of the user machine, maybe a group policy or certificate security that has been set.

One thing I would check would be the version of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application used. We included fixes for similar issues in recent updates to CCDA.

The current version is 4.0.1.188 - make sure you are running this.

To check the version of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app:

1. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in with your Adobe ID.
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Preferences > General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022, issue still exists. Same exact problem, can't run premiere pro, media encoder and after effects unless I'm connected to company connection or company VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found it's one of our company mapped network drives. Disconnect/dismount the NAS network drive and Adobe apps work without vpn and without internet connection. (But users must be signed into Creative Cloud Desktop App before disconnecting internet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for that info Slavica @ SBS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines